SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the better set of Ear Buds?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the better set of Ear Buds? Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Christmas is still focused on the kids, even though they really aren't kids any more. Humble gifts between the wife and me.

Her big request is a good set of earbuds. Wouldn't mind $100+-. Would prefer to be iPhone compatible with the volume control and phone use.
Needs to be good for running and other outdoor activities.

Any suggestions?

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The apple ones are good quality. Both the corded and uncorded.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My wife wanted wireless earbuds for her iPhone for Christmas. I did a lot of researched settled on these. They are Jabra Elite 65T.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
buy cheap! I have used earbuds for many years, it seems they quit working where the wire either enters the hard plastic at the plug or the ear bud. doesn't mater the quality of the sound, weakest link sort of thing.

ymmv
john

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got a set of Skull Candy Method Wireless earbuds for $25 at Best Buy.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I got a set of Skull Candy Method Wireless earbuds for $25 at Best Buy.

Yep. Unless one needs noise cancelling for flying or is really big into audio, I think these will suffice. I use a pair in my car and they've been great.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have a set of JBL Reflect and they are mighty nice. I got them free when I bought my phone which makes them extra mighty nice.
They are like $90. If I were to actually spend the $90 I would get the Shure SE112. Seem to have a bit better overall sound quality.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Jaybird X4's and love them! I bought them to use while running, but find myself using them for just about anytime I am using my iPhone.

Very comfortable to run with - just did a half marathon and hardly noticed them. Best thing of all - they are waterproof!

I highly recommend them

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Go listen to a bunch and decide which ones your ears like best.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Klipsch -- They have a flat anti tangle cord. I am an avid runner and have never had a pair of headphones last this long. Amazing. Sound quality is superb.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Bose for 44 bucks

Link

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Go listen to a bunch and decide which ones your ears like best.

This is the right answer. I personally love my SONY MDR-EX650.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
+1 for the Shures.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Apple buds are some of the best value on the market. There's certainly better ones for those are into music/gaming but, for all around, the Fruit is pretty good.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Bought some Beats by Dre from Costco, took them back the next day. The Apple ones that came with my phone are far better sounding!!!!!! Unreal.....

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Beyerdynamic Byrons....about 50 bucks and now I know what the term "definition" means when applied to music.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with Black's recommendation (and 10X's seconding) of the Shures, but bumped it up to the iPhone compatible version. Got good reviews on Amazon.

Appreciate the input

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Good timing for this thread as I'm in the market for some as well.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Apple Airpods. Best 150 bucks I’ve spent.

Edit: I see I’m too late. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Apple Airpods. Best 150 bucks I’ve spent.

Edit: I see I’m too late. Smile

Whoever designed them has clearly never seen There is Something About Mary.

Absolute worst design ever and I just chuckle every time I see someone with them in.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post