Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armed Robbery Login/Join 
posted
This guy was not situationally aware, but with the number attacking him it would not have mattered. Video at the link.

HAZLEHURST, Miss. —
The owner of a Hazlehurst restaurant was surrounded by gunmen and robbed. It was all caught on camera.

LINK: https://www.wapt.com/article/c...eral-gunmen/35214891
The surveillance video was recorded about 9 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of Stark's Family Restaurant on Mississippi 28, according to Hazlehurst police.

Four men armed with handguns and rifles ran up to the owner as he approached his pickup truck, police said. They robbed him of his wallet, cellphone and a gun that was in his truck before forcing him onto the ground and running away, police said.

Police said the suspects were last seen leaving a hotel parking lot next door in an older-model Nissan Altima or Maxima with tinted windows.

Crime Stoppers released the video in hopes someone has information about the case that leads to an arrest. A reward of up to $2,500 is offered. Tipsters are urged to call 601-355-TIPS (8477), or submit a tip online or with your mobile device at www.P3tips.com.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
He parked in a well lit parking lot (kudos), but he parked too close to a building which gave the rectal warts concealment.

From a practical standpoint, not much more one man can do versus 4 people armed with AKs and pistols.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23226 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tough situation

all you can do is try to survive something like that

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
The position of both the high intensity security lights and the security camera suggest to me that either this area had been the target of thieves previously, or at least was reasonably believed to be a potential target of thieves. As well prepared as the thieves were and as quickly as they struck it would appear that either the location, the truck, or the victim had been targeted and they were positioned and waiting.

Despite the thieves setting up on the site, either they were unaware of the security lights/ camera, or just didn't care.

As pointed out, the victim had a drink and a bag in one hand and keys in the other and was looking down at them, instead of scanning the area, but as you rightly pointed out ZSMICHAEL, given the 4 armed thieves striking from two different locations in a coordinated attack, the difficulty in defending against that goes way up.

Looks like the perp in the white hoody had an extended mag. in his handgun.

Interesting to see the perps exit the crime scene in two different directions. Maybe the guy running to the right of the storage unit was running off to get a getaway car or perhaps they arrived in two different vehicles, or perhaps it was some sort of an attempt to confuse the camera or possible witnesses with the directions they escaped in...or ??

Hope the victim is ok and that the perps are caught quickly because this is likely not their first crime and likely won't be their last.

Always good to get real-world reminders of what attacks we might have to prepare for so thanks for posting this.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
One of my most basic tenets for being out & about:

You might sneak up on me, but I'm not going to make it easy for you.

However, in his case it seems the only thing that would have prevented this was not being there.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Agree that there isn’t a whole lot you can do against even 2 assailants, much less 4 when your hands are full and there is a semi-auto rifle pointed at you. Being alive and still having his truck are the pluses to focus on.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15564 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Agree that there isn’t a whole lot you can do against even 2 assailants, much less 4 when your hands are full and there is a semi-auto rifle pointed at you. Being alive and still having his truck are the pluses to focus on.

Especially when you think your truck is a holster.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really get sick of the tactical critiques. Every one of us admits better tactics would not have prevented this. Why kick a man when he's down?

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

I really get sick of the tactical critiques.
Everybody knows how to do it better. Roll Eyes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30652 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now a host of Boston Dynamics robots would be useful in a scenario like this.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really get sick of the tactical critiques. Every one of us admits better tactics would not have prevented this. Why kick a man when he's down?

Actually, better tactics could/would have prevented this. It’s better that we learn from our mistakes or we’re doomed to repeat this.

Yes, this was 90 percent preventable. When you look like food, you get eaten. 50 years of jail interviews have yet to prove this wrong.

It’s the same as most assaults on cops are preventable. Or at the very least mitigated by not having ones head in ones ass. There are warning signs most of the time.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Oh look, apartments across from where he was robbed.

If they have security cameras, these assholes will be caught.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Drop the first two coming in from the front of the vehicle and the other two would have most likely runnoft.
If not use the truck as cover and visualize your "A" zone hits.
"Beep!" Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Drop the first two coming in from the front of the vehicle and the other two would have most likely runnoft.
If not use the truck as cover and visualize your "A" zone hits.
"Beep!" Wink

Nice reference

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Actually, better tactics could/would have prevented this. It’s better that we learn from our mistakes or we’re doomed to repeat this.

Yes, this was 90 percent preventable. When you look like food, you get eaten. 50 years of jail interviews have yet to prove this wrong.

It’s the same as most assaults on cops are preventable. Or at the very least mitigated by not having ones head in ones ass. There are warning signs most of the time.

What would have made this preventable? Even with ones head up, you have two people coming from behind a structure to the left with guns drawn as soon as they appear and you have two more coming from the background who are out of view as well.

I know tone doesn’t translate the best over the inter webs so don’t take this as a resume comparing contest because mine is a blank sheet of paper. I just honestly can’t figure out how one overcomes 2 split groups of assailants who have weapons ready when they hit go.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't say anything about the robbers getting the till, but that's what I would assume the real goal was. How do you avoid that?

The only thing I can come up with is to not move the money at the end of the day. Make the deposit during fairly busy hours, and take the risk of a burglar getting the small amount left behind. Have different people do the deposit, with no set pattern.

That still doesn't keep a lone person leaving a known location at the same time every day from being a target for robbery. About the only way to not have a trap set for you is to not be predictable. How do you, as a business owner, accomplish that?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'd bet they knew someone that worked there and knew his routine.
Some serious firepower for a robbery like that.
Having a truck gun proved the worth of carrying that way and why one shouldn't.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Possibly most encounters can be ‘won’ if you know there’re coming. This was night time, but the owner may well of done that walk for 10+ years. I doubt most would prepare & act like it was the Bin Laden raid.

Don’t know the area, somewhat rural MS by the looks. Once they got in position fighting back could easily result in a funeral.

Looks like the owner was ok to talk about it.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Especially when you think your truck is a holster.

If he had been wearing the gun and broken leather, he’d have been shot and probably killed. If not by the two he saw, then by the two he didn’t. Maybe he takes one or two with him, but that’s small consolation if he dies.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15564 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t know the area, somewhat rural MS by the looks.

^^^^^^^
About 30 miles South of Jackson,MS. Considered part of Jackson metro area. Jackson is a high crime area.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post