SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vacation pictures from the Uinta Mountains
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacation pictures from the Uinta Mountains Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Just a few pictures I thought some of you might enjoy. I took these while the BB61 family was exploring parts of the Uinta Mountains earlier this month. For those that are interested, we were running around 9,200’-10,700’ above sea level. Obviously, there are higher ranges in the lower 48 but it still was nice to get up high and away from everything. As an FYI, the Uintas are unique in that they are the highest mountain range in the contiguous United State that runs east to west.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ignored them
They are fine , just fine,
Good job

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I was trying to figure out if I put the (C) Copyright information on correctly. Not that I have any delusions of grander or $$$ from the pictures.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
^^^^^
I was trying to figure out if I put the (C) Copyright information on correctly. Not that I have any delusions of grander or $$$ from the pictures.
So why bother?

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I spent 5 seasons as a Wilderness ranger in the western Uintas: Grandaddy and Four Lakes Basins, but I also made trips up to the head of Rock Creek and into Squaw Basin (I suppose the name has been changed now). Stunningly beautiful country. Shh-hh

What part of the Uintas were you in?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

A few years ago, Getty Images claimed my firm was using a (C) photo they owned (we were not). It was a pain in the butt to deal with them. So, I thought I would post the (C) as I don’t trust them. Maybe not the best logic because why would they look at an obvious amateur photo? But Getty’s tactics still bother me and in the one in a million chance I win the lottery and Getty yells, I won’t my (C) on my photos.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Very calming, thanks for sharing.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

What part of the Uintas were you in?

We headed up to Kamas and then took a trailhead that ultimately went to Trial Lake. I need to go back with my kids on the motorcycles so we can explore more in depth. Some of the roads seemed to narrow down quite a bit and I wasn’t sure if my Tacoma was legal on them. I also didn’t want to get in tough situation with a stock long-bed Tacoma.

We were also going to head over to Bridger Lake and the China Meadows area where I used to camp as a kid. However, we ran out of time.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
I am jealous.

I grew up in Salt Lake, spent a lot of time with Boy Scouts the Uinta Mountains.

With any luck we will be back there next year.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
The pictures are absolutely awesome,thanks for sharing them.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I am jealous.

I grew up in Salt Lake, spent a lot of time with Boy Scouts the Uinta Mountains.

Wish we could sit across a table and tell stories some time. I worked with a number of Eagle Scout candidates on projects to fulfill public service requirements. I’d enjoy that almost as much as the time I spent mentoring the boys, and scout leaders.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
BB61, do you have your copyright embedded in your Metadata as well?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I used eZy Watermark Photos Lite. I’m not sure if that does it or not. Link: https://download.cnet.com/eZy-...2511_4-77417458.html

Was I incorrect in assuming this was embedded in the Metadata?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Great photos. My wife and I love it there. We live less than 20 mins from Kamas. Now I'm itching to get back there again soon. I think we'll plan a trip when I get home.

I've even brought the jeep off roading a bit up there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Very nice pics! It sure is nice to get away from the hustle and bustle once in a while.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I am jealous.

Wish we could sit across a table and tell stories some time. I worked with a number of Eagle Scout candidates on projects to fulfill public service requirements. I’d enjoy that almost as much as the time I spent mentoring the boys, and scout leaders.

Smile

(I did the simile as there wasn't a "thumbs up" icon).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Shots, Thanks for sharing them with us.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Utah has some of the best scenery in the contiguous U. S. A. I love it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Nice photos. I love the Uintahs. Cant wait to get up to Echo and Pyramid lake.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post