SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Basal cell carcinoma on nose questions - Update: MOHS surgery completed, details page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basal cell carcinoma on nose questions - Update: MOHS surgery completed, details page 3 Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Wishing you well!

Thanks! Smile

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go to my dermatologist for my yearly check in a few weeks. I have a suspicion that MOHS might be in my future. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope your face comes out looking good. And your wife is smart, cancer gone and that's what really matters.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If you are going to have any type of cancer, you got the right kind.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Make sure you follow the Dr's recommended schedule for checkups. You will be on the list now for full body checkups every 6 or 12 months, depending the results of your followup exams.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
I go to my dermatologist for my yearly check in a few weeks. I have a suspicion that MOHS might be in my future. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope your face comes out looking good. And your wife is smart, cancer gone and that's what really matters.

Thanks! I hope your yearly check goes well. Smile

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
If you are going to have any type of cancer, you got the right kind.

That's for sure. Smile

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Make sure you follow the Dr's recommended schedule for checkups. You will be on the list now for full body checkups every 6 or 12 months, depending the results of your followup exams.

Will do. I will be going in for another check in the spring.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Dang my nose bandage came off some time this morning when I woke up. I called my doctor and she said to not clean graft but cover with Vaseline and put another bandage on which I have done. I see her Monday afternoon for follow up. No bleeding or blood on pillow and I am on antibiotics.

My fault as we went to Bon Seger concert last night. Being on my feet for two hours tapping my foot and applauding was probably not a good idea in retrospect but what a show. Smile

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Just an update for anyone that might be interested. This is how my schnoz looks now. Surgery and skin graft was Dec 10 so almost 6 months. It will take up to a year to fully heal and blend in but most don't notice now unless I point it out and has been that way since about 3 months post surgery. Incision was originally about size of a dime. A flap repair would have healed more quickly but also required extensive stitching of the nose so I went with the graft. Time to book my 6 month full body check too.