SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American Pickers appears to violate FFL transfer law...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Pickers appears to violate FFL transfer law... Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
This was also probably all cleared through the Governor's MPTV, program unit as all productions would need to get permits etc.

Laws are also selectively enforced.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Antique Archeology

Frank Fritz checking out at Menards
Frank

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can only buy long arms from someone in a state that abuts to Ohio without going thru FFL. Not sure about antiques.

Even if so, I would not "rat" on pickers for that.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides the Krag having a serial number, it also had the year of manufacture stamped on the receiver.

As noted, pre- 1899 makes it an antique. Last I checked, Federal law does not require antiques to have 4473 filled out. No need for FFL involvement.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
50 years guys. Anything over 50 years old can qualify for C&R.

I imagine they skipped filming some steps because paperwork is boring, and lots of people don't know or understand gun laws.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As noted earlier guns which are pre 01/01/1899 are antiques and not legally “firearms” under federal law.

This is why the Pawn shop on Pawn stars only bought and sold antique guns as they were not an FFL.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
As noted earlier guns which are pre 01/01/1899 are antiques and not legally “firearms” under federal law.

This is why the Pawn shop on Pawn stars only bought and sold antique guns as they were not an FFL.

I always thought that the cutoff was 1898 but in this case it doesn't matter, 1896 pre dates 1898 and 1/1/1899.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post