SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many of you clean your shotgun in the restroom?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many of you clean your shotgun in the restroom? Login/Join 
posted
JPSO

RASHAUD JOSEPH horiz.jpg
Rashaud Joseph, of Metairie, is accused of accidentally shooting his girlfriend while cleaning a shotgun. (JPSO )
Michelle Hunter, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune By Michelle Hunter, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 11, 2017 at 1:38 PM
shares
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office investigators arrested a Metairie man accused of accidentally shooting his girlfriend while cleaning his shotgun after a few drinks.

Rashaud Joseph, 21, of 2301 Severn Ave., Metairie, was booked with illegal use of a weapon and negligent injuring, according to an arrest report.

The inadvertent injury occurred during the early morning hours of Sunday (May 7). Joseph told investigators he returned home after drinking and decided to clean his 12-gauge shotgun, the report said.

As he took the weapon into the restroom, he was noticed by his 20-year-old girlfriend, according to Lt. Jason Rivarde, spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.

The woman entered the bathroom and tried to take the shotgun from Joseph, grabbing the barrel with both hands. That's when the shotgun discharged, injuring the woman on her right hand, the report said.

The projectile from the gun entered the apartment next door and damaged a bathtub, the report said. Though someone was home, no one was injured in the neighboring apartment.

The woman sought treatment at Tulane Lakeside Hospital in Metairie where staffers stitched and bandaged the wound, according to the report. Deputies took Joseph into custody at the hospital, according to the report.

He was booked into the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center and released Monday on a $10,500 bond.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's one way to evacuate a load

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many of you clean your shotgun in the restroom?

Twice a day, sometimes 3 times. Eek

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Is that what the kids are calling it these days? I guess I have "cleaned the ole' shotgun" a time or two in the bathroom then. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Is that what the kids are calling it these days? I guess I have "cleaned the ole' shotgun" a time or two in the bathroom then. Smile

Big Grin

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Does that make hemorrhoids a choke, then? Eek

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Not buying their story line. The discharge was preceded by some drama, in my estimation

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good idea to unload and safety check all your weapons before going out to drink at the bar. That way, when you return late at night with the uncontrollable urge to clean them, you don't need to take all that time to check to see if they are loaded ... when you are loaded.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
(Guilty of having dissasembled many firearms in the bathroom. And I don't mean just basic field striping them either.)

But like most of them, that story is bullshit.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Not buying their story line. The discharge was preceded by some drama, in my estimation

Of course it was.

"Went off while cleaning" has come to be the euphemism for everything from suicide to attempted murder.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Is that like painting your mailbox in the basement?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Preoccupied shootin' the shit with his girl friend.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
In a home, is the space given over to the bathtub, commode, and sink a "restroom" or is it a "bathroom"? Residences are not advertised as having 2½ restrooms, the ad would say "2½ baths."

I would think the "restroom" in a residence would be where the recliner or sofa was located, since those are used for resting, and the "bedroom" name is taken for the room where the bed is located.

As for some drunken orangutan discharging a shotgun in any room that is a negligent discharge.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Ever since I watched John Wayne in Big Jake, I shower with mine.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I have, in fact, cleaned guns in the bathroom before. When you live in an apartment, it's often the best place to do so.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Does that make hemorrhoids a choke, then? Eek

No, butt (pun intended) the long tube thingy which comes the hemorrhoid cream would be extra full most likely.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SkyOtter
posted Hide Post
She grabbed his barrel with both hands, what did she think would happen?

------------------------------------------------------
There are two types of people in this world: Those who need closure,

Posts: 2561 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You gotta do something when your shorts are below your knees. Eek

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Preoccupied shootin' the shit with his girl friend.

That creates a funny picture in my mind.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Joseph told investigators he returned home after drinking and decided to clean his 12-gauge shotgun

quote:
The woman entered the bathroom and tried to take the shotgun from Joseph, grabbing the barrel with both hands.

Zero rocket scientists in this story.

Glad/amazed there weren't fatalities.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post