SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The FBI raided the home of whistleblower on Clinton Foundation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The FBI raided the home of whistleblower on Clinton Foundation Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
The FBI is still protecting her Mad

FBI agents raided the home of a recognized Department of Justice whistleblower who privately delivered documents pertaining to the Clinton Foundation and Uranium One to a government watchdog, according to the whistleblower’s attorney.

The Justice Department’s inspector general was informed that the documents show that federal officials failed to investigate potential criminal activity regarding former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation and Rosatom, the Russian company that purchased Uranium One, a document reviewed by The Daily Caller News Foundation alleges.

The delivered documents also show that then-FBI Director Robert Mueller failed to investigate allegations of criminal misconduct pertaining to Rosatom and to other Russian government entities attached to Uranium One, the document reviewed by TheDCNF alleges. Mueller is now the special counsel investigating whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia during the 2016 election.

“The bureau raided my client to seize what he legally gave Congress about the Clinton Foundation and Uranium One,” the whistleblower’s lawyer, Michael Socarras, told TheDCNF, noting that he considered the FBI’s raid to be an “outrageous disregard” of whistleblower protections.

Sixteen agents arrived at the home of Dennis Nathan Cain, a former FBI contractor, on the morning of Nov. 19 and raided his Union Bridge, Maryland, home, Socarras told TheDCNF.

The raid was permitted by a court order signed on Nov. 15 by federal magistrate Stephanie A. Gallagher in the U.S. District Court for Baltimore and obtained by TheDCNF.

A special agent from the FBI’s Baltimore division, who led the raid, charged that Cain possessed stolen federal property and demanded entry to his private residence, Socarras told TheDCNF.

“On Nov. 19, the FBI conducted court authorized law enforcement activity in the Union Bridge, Maryland area,” bureau spokesman Dave Fitz told TheDCNF. “At this time, we have no further comment.”

Cain informed the agent while he was still at the door that he was a recognized protected whistleblower under the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act and that Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz recognized his whistleblower status, according to Socarras.

Cain further told the FBI agent the potentially damaging classified information had been properly transmitted to the Senate and House Intelligence committees as permitted under the act, Socarras said. The agent immediately directed his agents to begin a sweep of the suburban home, anyway.

Frightened and intimidated, Cain promptly handed over the documents, Socarras told TheDCNF. Yet even after surrendering the information to the FBI, the agents continued to rummage through the home for six hours.

“After asking and getting my approval to do so, DOJ IG Michael Horowitz had a member of his staff physically take Mr. Cain’s classified document disclosure to the House and Senate Intelligence committees,” Socarras told TheDCNF.

“For the bureau to show up at Mr. Cain’s home suggesting that those same documents are stolen federal property, and then proceed to seize copies of the same documents after being told at the house door that he is a legally protected whistleblower who gave them to Congress, is an outrageous disregard of the law,” he continued.

Cain came across the potentially explosive information while working for an FBI contractor, Socarras told TheDCNF.

Cain met with a senior member of Horowitz’s office at a church close to the White House to deliver the documents to the IG, according to Socarras.

Cain sat in a pew with a hoodie and sun glasses, Socarras said. Cain held a double-sealed envelope containing a flash drive with the documents. The IG official met him and, without saying a word, took the pouch over Cain’s shoulder and left.

The law protects whistleblowers who are government contractors and requires the IG to share such potentially damaging information with the attorney general — who at the time was Jeff Sessions.

The two law enforcement officials directed the documents be sent to the Senate and House Intelligence committees for their examination, according to Socarras, who said that a high-level IG official hand-delivered the documents to the the two intelligence committees.

“I cannot believe the Bureau informed the federal magistrate who approved the search warrant that they wanted to search the home of an FBI whistleblower to seize the information that he confidentially disclosed to the IG and Congress,” Socarras told TheDCNF.

The whistleblower act is intended to protect whistleblowers within the intelligence community, which includes the FBI.

“The [intelligence community] is committed to providing its personnel the means to report violations of law,” according to a 2016 intelligence community directive.

“The [whistleblower act] authorizes employees of contractors to take government property and give it to the two intelligence committees confidentially,” Socarras told TheDCNF.

The FBI has yet to talk to Cain’s attorney despite the raid, according to Socarras.

“After the raid, and having received my name and phone number from Mr. Cain as his lawyer, an FBI agent actually called my client directly to discuss his seized electronics,” Socarras told TheDCNF. “Knowingly bypassing the lawyer of a represented client is serious misconduct.”

The Justice Department and the IG both declined to comment.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/1...wer-clinton-uranium/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Our country has an autoimmune disease....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29762 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Justice must be done at some point. This has to stop.

Posts: 8642 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Looks like Trump needs to fire another FBI director. Mad

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Seems if you blow the whistle on the FBI/DOJ, the FBI/DOJ gets mad. And even.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6339 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

My preference would be to fire the whole top 3 levels of DOJ and the feebs. Until those assholes are held accountable nothing will change, and they will continue to harass and intimidate anyone who is trying to help clean up that FUCKING SWAMP!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25645 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Agree. Wray seems to be a Comey clone.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9084 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on him, but....

Frightened and intimidated, Cain promptly handed over the documents, Socarras told TheDCNF. Yet even after surrendering the information to the FBI, the agents continued to rummage through the home for six hours.”

Why would he still have the documents? Once provided to the IG he shouldn’t have them. Should’ve given them to the media to make sure the truth got out.

Posts: 3960 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should’ve given them to the media to make sure the truth got out.

I suspect he has copies. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15752 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
... to seize copies of the same documents after being told at the house door that he is a legally protected whistleblower who gave them to Congress, is an outrageous disregard of the law,” ... “Knowingly bypassing the lawyer of a represented client is serious misconduct.”...
Any penalty for this? Or are some in the FBI "above the law"?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2107 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
“Let the bodies hit the floor”, the courts, FBI, and DOJ are owned by the far left liberals. Before long it will become a shooting war.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Anyone that supplies damaging evidence against the Clintons had better prepare for heavy weather.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9084 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A “raid” conducted pursuant to a court order issued to the FBI by a federal magistrate judge? Sounds like a search warrant to me. Whistleblowers are protected from retaliation by their employer but not from prosecution. This article seems heavy on sensationalism but light on pertinent facts.

Posts: 999 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whistleblowers are protected from retaliation by their employer

Who was his employer? Oh yeah....the same people ransacking his house. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15752 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
“After the raid, and having received my name and phone number from Mr. Cain as his lawyer, an FBI agent actually called my client directly to discuss his seized electronics,” Socarras told TheDCNF. “Knowingly bypassing the lawyer of a represented client is serious misconduct.”
Not necessarily true. If the client is not in custody 5th amendment right to counsel doesn't prevent LE from talking to the suspect (since it was a phone call it's hard to claim it's a custodial situation), and 6th amendment right to counsel hasn't "attached" if the "criminal proceedings" (most often by indictment) against the client haven't begun. So it's very likely there was nothing improper in the agents calling the guy to chat.

My guess is there is a lot more to this story than just what the suspect and his client say happened.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess is there is a lot more to this story than just what the suspect and his client say happened.

This is either very bad for him... or for Hillary. Let's hope it's Hillary.
Supposedly there is another whistleblower. Big news Monday?
A Hildabeast perpwalk during 41’s funeral wouldn’t be too much to ask for would it?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24209 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised the guy didn't have an "accident" or get so depressed over testifying on Clintons that he committed suicide.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
I'm surprised the guy didn't have an "accident" or get so depressed over testifying on Clintons that he committed suicide.

Don't you worry. There's still time to shoot yourself in the back of the head, twice.

Q

Posts: 26659 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The Deep State is real. In the same named book by Jason Chaffetz, he even devotes time to the scam that is the whitleblower program.

It is a system for damage control and protecting powerful people, and very rarely protects employees against the machine.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15662 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Neil Cain tweet:

I know a lot of you have many questions? Please understand for legal reasons I can't comment about the content of what I provided more then what is already out there. I will be on with @seanhannity at @FoxNews on Monday at 9 PM with my attorney Michael Socarras to tell my story.

Posts: 19636 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post