SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Simple Way to Improve Your Thanksgiving Turkey
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simple Way to Improve Your Thanksgiving Turkey Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Got the PBC turkey hangars, much easier than using 4 hooks, and I can put 2 birds in at once!

https://imgur.com/a/S9x2S

That and the hinged grate are on my Christmas list now...

Yeah I understand. Even with my test run of a 10lb turkey 2 weeks ago I had issues yesterday. I put the birds on at about noon. I was checking them consistently every 40 minutes for the first 3 hours and then I fell asleep for a bit on the couch and went to check them at the 4.5 hour mark and the temp had dropped to 100. I managed to burn through a whole basket of brickettes. The turkey was at 165 the last time I checked, now down to 145. I took the legs off and it wasn't done. We had the oven going so I carved it up and through it into a roaster and then into the oven for 40 minutes. It was fine but not how it should be. I put more coals on and through the other turkey back in the PBC for about 90 minutes and it was perfect. Carved that one up and through it into the freezer.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not read all the posts in this thread, but I must say that my Orion cooker has not failed me yet.

20# turkey in 2.5 hours comes out amazingly juicy, and considered perfection from my guests.

Check it out, because chicken, ribs and turkey come out perfect.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I smoked an 11 pound turkey today on my BGE at 250 degrees and it came out amazing! This is my first time smoking a turkey and I think I will do it this way for now on. I had a temp probe in the breast and the thigh so I could monitor the temp of both during cooking.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post