SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Said Goodbye to a Friend Yesterday - Across the Rainbow Bridge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Said Goodbye to a Friend Yesterday - Across the Rainbow Bridge Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Our dear boy Luke crossed the bridge yesterday, first time I've ever had to go through it & it was a really hard afternoon.

We'll miss you, thank you for the 9 years we had with you.

He was such an excellent dog, a guard dog when he needed to be & a teddy bear to our girls.

We noticed his appetite waning & that he'd started losing some weight. Vet found a tumor on his spleen & liver. One of the hardest decisions we've had to make.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
RIP Luke - there are many 4-legged friends waiting to play with you on the other side.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That dog's smiles in the pictures says it all. You gave him a great life. And he spent that life with you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good boy, Luke.

Condolences to your family.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It is a very hard day. I am sorry that you had to deal with this.

They leave us all too soon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Frown Hang in there.
Those are some wonderful pics.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
RIP, Luke. My condolences, P250UA5 Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP Luke.

Our old dogs, Bud & Wendy, will be waiting for you to arrive on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
My condolences. This hit home for me when I lost Cocoa.

IT CAME TO ME THAT EVERY TIME I LOSE A DOG THEY TAKE A PIECE OF MY HEART WITH THEM, AND EVERY NEW DOG WHO COMES INTO MY LIFE GIFTS ME WITH A PIECE OF THEIR HEART. IF I LIVE LONG ENOUGH ALL THE COMPONENTS OF MY HEART WILL BE DOG, AND I WILL BECOME AS GENEROUS AND LOVING AS THEY ARE. - ANONYMOUS

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
there is a quite impressive and talented pack of Sig Forum Dogs at the other end of the Rainbow Bridge. They will show your boy all the cool and fun stuff there is to do while he waits, like all of those dog buddies, for his special person.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
RIP Luke. Sorry for your loss.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Condolences. Rest in peace Good Boy.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Luke. Judging from those pics, there’s no doubt you gave him 9 wonderful years of company. We’ve been through it twice in the last 4 years and it’s a feeling I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel as I had to make the same humane but tough call earlier this year on my 13 year old pal.

I hope your pain fades with time, but the memories never do.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6726 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
RIP Luke. I know how you feel, and you have my sincere condolences. Amazing what an integral part of our lives they become.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss 250. Frown

RIP Luke.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Losing a dog is a terrible thing.
RIP Luke!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Soul of a Dog Pure"
Sorry for your loss.

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 265 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
so sorry for your loss

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post