SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ladder Gurus. - Werner Ladder any good.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladder Gurus. - Werner Ladder any good. Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
I may be buying a used Werner Type A1 MT-22 ladder to do some top Fascia Board Painting.

Price of $90 dollars seems good.

Are these ladders any good??

Thanks
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Werner is a first class product. I've been in the ladder business since 1996...recommended.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I have an 8’ step and had a 22’ extension. Both are great (Al type) and had no concerns of safety while on the ladders. Would buy again.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Wait, there are ladder gurus? What's next? Cotton ball gurus?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of them and they are first class!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ladder gurus have elevated status. We tend to look down on others. It's a step up, you see.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Ladder gurus have elevated status. We tend to look down on others. It's a step up, you see.

Just make sure you don't go the extra step.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I have a few Werner MT ladders. All type 1A. I never use them as extension ladders. I have a 16’ fiberglass Louisville and a Little Giant 22’ 1AA for that.

FYI, the Werner 1AA ladders were recalled.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have a few Werner MT series, good to go..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Wait, there are ladder gurus? What's next? Cotton ball gurus?

Cotton balls? Yes. More so the related product of cotton swabs. Smile

Ladders? Extra load capacity balanced by ease of transport. The MT-22 is a forty pound ladder with a 300 pound load capacity.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
I may be buying a used Werner Type A1 MT-22 ladder to do some top Fascia Board Painting.

Price of $90 dollars seems good.

Are these ladders any good??

Thanks
Roy

FYI - That ladder is on sale right now at Lowes
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Werne...tion-Ladder/50441826

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

FYI - That ladder is on sale right now at Lowes
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Werne...tion-Ladder/50441826

Thanks I saw that as I was looking on the net for pricing. Found this one for sale on Nextdoor Neighbor in our town.

Had pictures and said one side has extra padded leg ends. Price and pictures looked good. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't getting something that was wiggly or weak.

Wife is going to paint the Fascia Board for I have bad knees. She started yesterday with an old aluminum 18 foot step ladder that is wiggly.

God Bless Her.

She said she would do the whole house Fascia Board maybe if I just help to move the ladder at times for her. No problem. She looked at the accessories for this ladder and is already scheming on making a paint bucket holder.

We have one side of the house that has a very narrow walkway between the house and neighbors retaining wall. Looks like the option to take it apart and use as a low scaffolding ends will be real handy too.

Thanks Everyone

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Werner is my go to for ladders.

However, I'm not a fan of these multi-position ladders. In fact, I wouldn't use one if it was given to me! Finger pinching, biting and holy cow are they heavy and ockward.
Give me a standard fiberglass step ladder or extension ladder. And that is what i have in my fleet of ladders.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend found a 8' Werner fiberglass ladder in the road on the paper route about 10 years ago. I'm sure glad she did it's been a good one.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

However, I'm not a fan of these multi-position ladders. In fact, I wouldn't use one if it was given to me! Finger pinching, biting and holy cow are they heavy and ockward.
Give me a standard fiberglass step ladder or extension ladder. And that is what i have in my fleet of ladders.

Second that. I have one of the folding origami Werners that seems to do everything except what I want it to do at the time.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post