SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Birds that you like to watch flying?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Birds that you like to watch flying? Login/Join 
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
For me, here in San Diego, it’s seagulls – so graceful flying or soaring.

When I lived in Minnesota it was purple martins – very graceful in flight. Folks that lived near the river built huge birdhouse apartments for them – they ate LOTS of annoying bugs.

Hummingbirds are fun to watch too.

OTOH, starlings are so awkward in flight. Some idiot imported them from England.

To stay relevant, The Ministry Of Silly Walk expanded to include Flight.
So, the 'idiot' would be that Magistrate.

Like many others have said -- all birds...
A fledgling Grackle came up on me a month ago. He/it was talkative, climbed all over me; I fed it
and he imprinted on me. Within 2 weeks he had grown noticeably and took on a neat blue coloration.
He is not trainable; further I encouraged him to...go & flock with his own kind. He still drops by to
update me; as if I understand him, but I give him no more food.
There is a walking nature preserve (turtles to gaters, many kinds of birds) next door to me and that is
probably where he flew in from. Food for wild-life is plentiful so he will probably get his allotted 22 years
-- and I'm realizing that he will likely outlive me.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Hawks and hummingbirds are my favorites here in Southern Arizona.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post