SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who is using the Brave Browser?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is using the Brave Browser? Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
I downloaded the Brave browser to give it a try. It is excellent in many ways, but I have noticed a couple issues. Sometimes, it just loads a blank page. It's not taking a long time to load....it is very quick but just loads a blank page. I can then open Chrome or Firefox and go to the same site and it loads fine. It's not always the same site. It could be any site.

Then there is a minor thing. In Chrome and Firefox when I posti n SigForum and hit "Post Now" the message posts and the pop-up window that I typed the post in will close automatically. In Brave, I have to manually close that window. Perhaps there is a setting to change that - I didn't see one.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried it last year, didn't like it.

Link for people who might want to try it - https://www.brave.com/

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I do when I go to a click-bait site like most any news related site.
It works pretty good.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I started using it about 10 days ago in response to a thread posted here.
Yes, there are the little quirks you mentioned, but for me the speed is so much faster than Firefox and the tracking is so much less than Chrome that it's worth it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Tried it but every video played with a Scots accent.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Tried it but every video played with a Scots accent.

And everyone had long red wavy hair?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I use it but not exclusively. Some sites don't work well with it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Like one other stated I tried it in response to another thread about it here. Used it a couple of days and uninstalled it.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've downloaded it but don't use it much. There's no easy way to import bookmarks and it's too much trouble to reload all again.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've heard of it. Haven't tried it. Was using Chrome and Firefox. Became thoroughly fed up with Google and Android, dumped everything Google, incl. Chrome. Now running Firefox and Vivaldi. (Note: Vivaldi, like Brave, is using Chromium's Blink engine.)

Firefox, as of the last two-three updates, has gotten a bit wonky. May try switching to Vivaldi exclusively.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm trying it but it does have a few issues.
Seems to take longer on initial loading but searched pages load quicker and without the other ad stuff.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oday450:
I've downloaded it but don't use it much. There's no easy way to import bookmarks and it's too much trouble to reload all again.
I imported all my Firefox Bookmarks with a couple clicks - it was pretty easy.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Not a browser but i have a little toaster.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
No wonder it is Brave, there is nothing there.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I got tired of Firefox taking forever to load. Tried Brave, taking a bit to adjust, but it might be my new browser.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use it some of the time. It works well on click bait sites. It is not my default browser. I still use IE for that. Firefox seems to have a lot of adware with it.

Posts: 271 | Location: New Braunfels, TX | Registered: January 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post