SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad wheel hub requires new tool.....:)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad wheel hub requires new tool.....:) Login/Join 
posted
2013 Honda Accord has a bad drivers side rear wheel hub. While hand tools will do, why not make it easier with a new Milwaukee Gen 3 Mid Torque M18 Fuel Impact Wrench! (that's a mouth full) What are some of your Merry Fix-Mus tool buys this year?

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Table saw, 13” 3 blade planer amongst others.

Making a set of front doors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge Roundhead Brad Pneumatic Nailer for doing some trim work Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Milwaukee high torque (1400 foot pounds) 1/2 drive impact and Milwaukee 3/8 ratchet bought recently during sales. These go with my Milwaukee drill and driver set and Milwaukee oscillating tool. I’m going to give the impact a good test in a couple weeks. My atv axle nuts are rusted, it took two torches and a 500 foot pound impact to loosen the rear but I had to heat it up so much it destroyed the wheel bearing. I’ll see if 1400 foot pounds will work.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Is that a 3/8" or 1/2" drive?

I have a 1/4" drive. It's not bad but I'd like to get something larger because, well you know, just cause. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I ordered the 3/4" because I have a mechanic friend that moved and gifted me one of his 3/4" impact socket sets. I don't have an impact so might as well get one that will work with what I was give (same me some money). I also picked up the 5ah battery for 100 bucks on sale. For anything that I will do/have, 3/4" will be more than enough.
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
Milwaukee high torque (1400 foot pounds) 1/2 drive impact and Milwaukee 3/8 ratchet bought recently during sales. These go with my Milwaukee drill and driver set and Milwaukee oscillating tool. I’m going to give the impact a good test in a couple weeks. My atv axle nuts are rusted, it took two torches and a 500 foot pound impact to loosen the rear but I had to heat it up so much it destroyed the wheel bearing. I’ll see if 1400 foot pounds will work.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Siglent 4 channel oscilloscope.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I bought an M18 fuel 1/2" impact wrench to do my winter wheel swap. Well it wasn't enough. Some gorilla over torqued the lugbolts on. Probably the same one at S&W that puts the SW22 Victory together.
Nearby auto repair store couldn't get it off. Had to go see a friend who had an impact wrench he uses for semis to take them off.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
While hand tools will do, why not make it easier with a new Milwaukee Gen 3 Mid Torque M18 Fuel Impact Wrench!

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I bought the Milwaukee M18 High torque 1/2" impact wrench earlier this year. It wouldn't take the lug nuts off of my bucket truck because the tire shop mechanics over torque them with a one inch impact wrench. I had to buy a torque multiplier tool to get them off. Recently, I bought a set of Gear Wrench 84 tooth flex head ratchets. They are pretty nice!

I also bought a Mitutoyo 8" Coolant Proof digital caliper. It is very convenient knowing the precise measurement of fasteners, brake lines, etc. on a vehicle. I never thought I would use them so much around the shop. For my purposes, I could have bought a cheap knock off set and I might do that to keep my good one from getting damaged while working under a truck.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm looking around for an inductive tachometer. Something small and basic that I can use when tuning chainsaws, weed eaters, etc. The decent ones can also be used for atv,s, motorcycles and the like.

When I find one, I will give it to the wife to wrap up and put it under the tree. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

New tool this year is the Bosch GOP18V-28N oscillating tool, with the Starlock blade attachment system. I got the bare tool, because we are already into the Bosch 18v system, with a drill and impact driver to start, plus several spare batteries. I also added a Bosch 18v angle grinder, again as the bare tool. The wife loves the oscillating tool. She was using the wood blade to cut off 1x2 sticks for the rabbit hutches she was building. Until I dragged out the Makita chop/miter saw and set it up for her. She took to that right away for cutting off material. She still uses the oscillating tool with a multi-purpose blade for just about anything else.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This high speed oscillating tool, had to get in between wood studs to cut nails. I bought a bosch metal cutting blade for it, went through the nails like butter. I asked for the angle drill head for Christmas. Ridgid brand heads fit as well

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The wife loves the oscillating tool.

Duh

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I bought an M18 fuel 1/2" impact wrench to do my winter wheel swap. Well it wasn't enough. Some gorilla over torqued the lugbolts on. Probably the same one at S&W that puts the SW22 Victory together.
Nearby auto repair store couldn't get it off. Had to go see a friend who had an impact wrench he uses for semis to take them off.

Granted this guy gets some kind of sponsorship from Milwaukee but he tests a few different ones. I think Milwaukee’s biggest one might have worked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QPFmxNn6IH8

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

I know what this is for!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I know what this is for!

Me too! I have one in my desk drawer, in the pencil tray part.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

I know what this is for!

Wink

Tired of paying people to do it for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I bought an M18 fuel 1/2" impa.

I think Milwaukee’s biggest one might have worked.

Yep. my friend had the biggest one made by Milwaukee. And even then some were a little tough. But we got them all off and put them back on with a torque wrench. My little Milwaukee works fine now. I will need to buy some new lugbolts in the spring. Gotta look nice.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post