SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Firepower demonstration at Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firepower demonstration at Aberdeen Proving Grounds Login/Join 
posted
So far the best video I could find, turn up the volume:

https://www.facebook.com/govar...7311/?type=2&theater

OK video, but not loud enough:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/...s-100-years-service/

Good stills but ignore the captions that call a Bradley and a 155mm SP howitzer "tanks."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne...pg-photogallery.html

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I like it!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was nice!
I would have liked a peek @ the receiving end & a lot of things blowing up or just disappearing!

Thanks, I needed those sounds!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the 60s they used to have regular public firepower demonstrations on the west artillery range at Ft. Sill. This would include artillery batteries of all calibers firing and destroying targets at show center well out in front of the bleachers. It almost always included an air element. I remember for a week or more before a demonstration watching F-100s flying over the house during their range practice for dropping napalm canisters during the demonstration. They were wild and very noisy not to mention the shaking of the ground!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to do a lot of work at APG with the 155mm howitzers. The range we used was next to the 120mm tank gun proofing range. 155mm were loud. The 120s were just downright painful.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
That M1128 sure sounded snappy. Must be a hell of a ride with that cannon rocking the chassis like that.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That brought a smile to my face.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Good stills but ignore the captions that call a Bradley and a 155mm SP howitzer "tanks."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne...pg-photogallery.html

From The Sun? You're lucky they didn't call them both High-Powered Glock AK-47 Tanks.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine works there and was at the demo. He sent me a few pics and a short clip of this guy jumping and firing. Pretty neat.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Great pic! Saved it to my archives.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post