SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What a great day for some trail riding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What a great day for some trail riding Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
It is currently 72° here in North Carolina. Cool

I took full advantage of the unusually warm weather and hit the trails early this morning. It’s probably packed now but this morning at my local park (1,000+ acres) ,which I can ride to in minutes, I was the only one out there. I love having the trails to myself....especially when I’m on a hard tail and don’t feel like flying through the root and rock filled sections of the trail.

I cannot begin to tell you how good it feels to get outside in shorts and a t-shirt and ride the trails. It’s just not the same when you’re all bundled up because of the cold.

That Gixxer I’ve been listing over for so long is beginning to be replaced by another type of two wheeled creation....and it rymes with bannondale

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
And no watch was harmed.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I recently got a set of off road wheels/tires for my hybrid and have been riding some trails around the house where people ride their quads on the weekends. Nice to get some air under the bike.

When I feel like riding on the street, I just swap out the wheels/tires and I'm ready to go.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
And no watch was harmed.

Yes sir! After wrecking a minty Seiko Samurai diver and coming waaaaaaaay too close to destroying a Ball Stormchaser chronograph I no longer ride with an automatic watch on my wrist. I still don’t know how that Ball watch came out of that crash more or less unscathed (the leather band picked up a new scuff or two) when I could barely walk the next day.

I learned my lesson and have two dedicated “riding watches” now. A Suunto core with Jays & Kay’s lugs added and one of Seiko’s super comfy silicon bands and the ever dependable and nearly indestructible G-Shock. If you’re gonna wear a soulless quartz watch it might as well have some cool functions. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Nice! Where is that? I had the same thought as you this morning, but alas, my local trails here in South Carolina are closed still from all of the rain.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GASIGnut
posted Hide Post
Yeah man! Taking advantage of this February Spring and breaking in the new (to me) bike on some trails a mile from where we live downtown. Could not be more stoked with this ibis mojo!
And Stickman, I hear ya regarding the gsxr, sometimes being in the woods a bit slower is better... I’ve ridden my share of harleys, some faster than I needed, and a Yamaha fzr600 back in the day that just about ended my life (another story for another day), but in the woods on a day like today - early enough for no one else to be on the trails, I was loving life! Cool

~ take advantage of today, & have no regrets
Carry On

Posts: 339 | Location: Apalachicola, FL | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah man! That new bike looks like a blast!

What year is your Jeep? I couldn’t help but notice it looks similar to the model my grandfather had. I learned to drive a stick in one of these. I wish my grandfather hadn’t basically sold it for scrap, it was an excellent candidate for a restoration.

Lots of people love the Wrangler the most (I like it quite a bit myself) but this body style Jeep will always be my favorite because of the priceless memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of GASIGnut
posted Hide Post
The Jeep is a 1984 Grand Wagoneer. First year offered with a wood grain paneling ‘delete’ option. Original 360 amc v8, rebuilt with the tranny a couple years ago. Fun driver for sure and definitely turns heads in town. Your grandfather had great taste!

~ take advantage of today, & have no regrets
Carry On

Posts: 339 | Location: Apalachicola, FL | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post