SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another London vehicle attack

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Another London vehicle attack Login/Join 
posted
Moslems coming out of a mosque plowed into.
Reverse terrorism?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...ue-one-arrested.html

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of the extremists don't like the non-extremists much either. It's kinda like the "if you're not with us you're against us " mindset

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I can see your point, well made.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I guess we'll find out more when details and facts are known.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The perp was arrested and didn't go up in a ball of flames so that makes me think it wasn't like the recent attacks.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
A lot of the extremists don't like the non-extremists much either. It's kinda like the "if you're not with us you're against us " mindset
Sunni hate Shia/Shiite and Shia/Shiite hate Sunni too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Did I miss something in the linked article that indicated it was determined to be an intentional act? We have had drunks plow into crowds here; is that not possibly what happened in this incident?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I guess we'll find out more when details and facts are known.

+1

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No. They just referred to witnesses telling Sky News that it "appeared to be intentional".

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Payback?

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The mayor of London has called such incidents normal, life in the big city.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
The mayor of London has called such incidents normal, life in the big city.
Do bear in mind that the Mayor of London is a Muslim.

There were reports that the van involved originally had 3 people in it, but only one has been captured. Where did the other 2 go?

Yes, it is possible that it was an accident, but as Bobby Burns once said "Ay hae me doots". The identity and affiliations of the driver will be critical information, and we don't have it yet.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Yes and I'm not expecting this to be treated with the same carry on attitude attacks by Muslims have produced despite the mayor's previous take.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Yes and I'm not expecting this to be treated with the same carry on attitude attacks by Muslims have produced despite the mayor's previous take.

Per the article, the mayor's current take:

quote:
London Mayor Sadiq Khan decried the incident as a "horrific terrorist attack."

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Report This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Murder or attempted murder but how is this terrorism? They sure were quick to call it that when it's a Caucasian that did it.

Posts: 4099 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Report This Post