SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Celebrity Gun Owners
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Celebrity Gun Owners Login/Join 
posted
I cannot verify this but I heard today that the late Bob Hope was into Class 3 stuff-mainly full auto. I know that there are a bunch of Hollywood types who in public scream gun control but in private have lots of personally owned guns. Can anyone shed some light on the Bob Hope story?

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was into golf. Not sure about guns. Jerry Lewis had quite a gun collection. Hope did have a large collection of World War II souvenirs which was worth quite a lot.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Buddy Hackett was a gun guy. I had a chance to bid on some of his stuff back when he sold it off, but didn't have the cash at that time. Frown

Link

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I also read somewhere that Jerry Lewis was a gun guy. And that he had a nice watch collection.

Guns and watches just seem to go together (I love both myself).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Tom Selleck is a gun guy. Saw him a few times at the big Vegas Show in January.

Steven Seagal is a big 1911 guy. I've seen him several times at SHOT Show.

Rober Stack who played Elliot Ness on the 1960's TV show 'The Untouchables" was a champion skeet shooter and I heard he had quite a collection of high grade shotguns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James Earl Jones is a collector-I hear he is into collecting Eastern Block stuff mainly. The Late Mel Torme I understand in his later years screamed for gun control-BUT-in one of my dads old gun magazines from back in the late 50s he had a large collection of antique Colt single-actions. Steve Spielberg is supposedly a big anti gunner however it is known that he has a very large private gun collection.

posted Hide Post
Ed Asner is a well known Leftist but a glance at his auto-biography reveals that he owns 2 Glocks.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Sammy Davis Jr.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I think Davis and Lewis were both into fast draw.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A few of the rat pack got into the fast draw craze of the time.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard rumors that Keanu Reeves was a gun person Razz God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Elvis Presley gave guns to people as gifts.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kasinefect:
Steve Spielberg is supposedly a big anti gunner however it is known that he has a very large private gun collection.

Supposedly Charlton Heston once stated that Spielberg had the largest collection he's ever seen. He used to hang out with John Milius and shoot skeet, along with Robert Stack, mentioned above. In fact Stack said that Spielberg was an excellent shooter.

Another shotgun guy is Eric Clapton, who had a huge collection of custom shotguns, I believe he auctioned off a number of them in recent years. Ian Anderson used to be an avid pistol shooter until the UK clamped down (he preferred the Browning Hi-Power and Sig P228 and 229). I remember reading a magazine interview decades ago with Eddie Van Halen at his home studio; towards the end of the interview, he pulled out an Uzi to show the reporter.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Steven Seagal is a big 1911 guy.

Steven Seagal is press-checking a 1911 somewhere as I type this....

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Steven Seagal is a big 1911 guy.

Steven Seagal is press-checking a 1911 somewhere as I type this....
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kasinefect:
Steve Spielberg is supposedly a big anti gunner however it is known that he has a very large private gun collection.

Supposedly Charlton Heston once stated that Spielberg had the largest collection he's ever seen. He used to hang out with John Milius and shoot skeet, along with Robert Stack, mentioned above. In fact Stack said that Spielberg was an excellent shooter.

Proof the Speilberg is an avid big game hunter. Razz Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Alton brown is a gun guy.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Much of old Hollywood were avid outdoors men.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Charlton Heston's Basement

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post