SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happening Now: 6 Officers Shot in Philly, 2 Trapped in House with Gunman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happening Now: 6 Officers Shot in Philly, 2 Trapped in House with Gunman Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19570 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hear, hear.

That's damn right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Can’t find the story now but the classy citizens of Philly were reported to have been throwing things and harassing the cops.

I saw the video and it was disheartening and disgusting. I could never be a cop these days, especially in places like Philly. No way, no how.

What needs to happen is the police simply declare these areas off limits to their services and let them burn. And they WILL burn and pretty quickly.

Posts: 33801 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
When you give feral animals free reign, they will take advantage of every single inch you give them. I hope some of the above AUSA’s candor forces corrupt city officials hands into action but I won’t hold my breath waiting for it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The cops have got to pull back or out of these areas where the animals run wild, and let them and the rest of the residents fair for themselves. Maybe after enough people are robbed, injured, or killed will they learn something about the importance of laws and the police force that enforces them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’ve been debating posting this because of how unbelievable it may sound, because I’m still having a hard time believing it myself.

I worked with the shooter a few years back.

I realized it a few hours ago. I posted a photo to Facebook that detailed the Philly shooter’s extensive arrest record along with his mugshot. I never focused on the face when I posted it.

My buddy and his father in law saw my post on Facebook, and just happened to send me a text saying the shooter worked for my buddy’s father in law, doing demo.

A few years back, newly married, I got laid off from being a Philly School teacher and decided to change careers, as I was in the midst of searching for a career,...I worked for my buddy’s father in law, doing demo.

Holy shit. I quickly look at my previous post on Facebook with the shooter’s mug shot.

IT’S MOTHER FUCKING MAURICE!!!

Maurice worked on my 2 man demo crew!!! It was me and him, hours together, demoing the rooms in a massive old apartment building to get it ready for refurbishment!!

He had a really nice sharp knife and drove a Chrysler 500 (fake Bentley). He was a sorta nice thuggish guy, he really needed the job, or he said his wife would kill him, he’d talk about his kids. He’d ALWAYS be talking to his baby momma on speaker phone while we worked. He mostly worked hard. I did get weird vibes from him because I noticed more of his true personality coming out as time went on and he spoke a little about his past which seemed shady. I remember making sure I always had my knife on me and even brought a pistol to work some days because of this.

We had words a few times because I called him out on slacking. I was also sorta the mouth piece for my boss and would pass orders along to him, which he didn’t like because he thought he was getting the shitty jobs (all the jobs were shitty). He gave me some attitude about it.

He eventually got fired for not coming to work a few times and not calling in. I told the dude who fired him that he better watch is back. That’s when I always kept a pistol in a back pack I carried or had with me in a room I was working in.

The more I think back, the more I’m remembering. At one point we talked guns and he mentioned he had some, and it gave me a really bad vibe. I could tell he was a dangerous dude.

I remember trying harder to get a job in the field I was looking for because I didn’t want to be doing this job any longer, because I was getting paid shit to destroy my body, and work with a buncha crews with drug addicts, alcoholics, and true degenerates.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting story. Many of us have brushed up against pure Evil in our lives, and not even recognized it. Maurice's arrest record is rather impressive and lengthy.

Those of us who have worked in the prison system may have a more in depth knowledge of criminals, but the fact is that most of these folks are eventually back out on the street. The chances of encountering them are pretty high.

Posts: 17233 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that people get the kind of community they deserve. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. But then again, knowing how bad things are in Nicetown, I shouldn't be surprised.

Organizers Say Hundreds Expected To Attend Rally To Support Suspect Accused Of Shooting 6 Philadelphia Police Officers
By CBS3 Staff

August 16, 2019 at 12:28 pm

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A controversial protest is planned Friday night in North Philadelphia to support Maurice Hill, the alleged gunman accused of shooting six Philadelphia police officers. Organizers say they expect 200 to 300 people to rally tonight.

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross says police will be there too.

DA Krasner: Suspected Gunman Who Shot 6 Philadelphia Officers ‘Should Not Have Been On The Streets’

“Sadly, we do have to be there, I don’t understand it. There’s certain marches I do understand, this is definitely not one of them,” Ross said.

Hill is still in jail right now while he waits to be arraigned.

Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner said Thursday Hill will most likely face charges of attempted murder and aggravated assault, among others.

Investigators Remove AR-15, Begin Processing Home Where Gunman Opened Fire On Police In Nicetown-Tioga

“There will be a lot of charges. These are more than enough charges so that Mr. Maurice Hill may never exit jail,” Krasner said.

All six police officers suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were released from the hospital Wednesday night.

The incident began around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday when police were serving a narcotics warrant on the 3700 block of 15th Street and the suspect opened fire.

Link: https://philadelphia.cbslocal....hia-police-officers/

Posts: 1051 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Sadly, we do have to be there, I don’t understand it. There’s certain marches I do understand, this is definitely not one of them,” Ross said.

Why? Why do they have to be there? Fuck these people.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Philly- Wants to model after Detroit on vphysical appearance and Portland in civil unrest.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post