SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New to me! P938 Scorpion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me! P938 Scorpion Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I suppose this may belong in the Pistols section but I'm not asking question, just gloating a bit. Finally after a few years of divorce I have a bit of extra money. Been carrying a Shield for a while but not super happy with it. Picked this up this morning. Very happy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: frayedends,

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the purchase. You'll love it when you go to shoot it. My 938 Scorpion has been flawless.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Neat color. Be sure to lube it. P238s are entirely devoid of lube out of the box.

My P238 had a few cycling issues over the first hundred rounds, but has been perfectly reliable since. I now have 900+ rounds through it.

An easy way to lube the sear: With the slide off the frame, and the hammer cocked, the hammer intercept notch is easily accessible, and lube can be applied to it. Then, put the slide onto the frame and repeatedly position the hammer between the intercept notch and full cock. That'll transfer lube to the sear and the full cock notch.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! Neat color. Be sure to lube it. P238s are entirely devoid of lube out of the box.

My P238 had a few cycling issues over the first hundred rounds, but has been perfectly reliable since. I now have 900+ rounds through it.

An easy way to lube the sear: With the slide off the frame, and the hammer cocked, the hammer intercept notch is easily accessible, and lube can be applied to it. Then, put the slide onto the frame and repeatedly position the hammer between the intercept notch and full cock. That'll transfer lube to the sear and the full cock notch.

To clarify, it's a P938. I will lube it. I love the look of this. Every gun I've owned has been black until now.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great little gun!

Ran a box of ammo through a buddies 938. No failures of any kind, accurate, easy to manipulate the controls, and high quality.
Congrats!

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

To clarify, it's a P938. I will lube it. I love the look of this. Every gun I've owned has been black until now.

Oops, and I own both. Should have noticed. Oh well, both are awesome and accurate.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post