SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need Spydie ID
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Spydie ID Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Is this the infamous Black Widow or an imposter?
Found this in the back yard today.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A few Google image searches makes me think a male BW?
Skinnier rear & more of a pattern than an hourglass.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look like the symbol for nuclear materials to me

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty close to me.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
Doesn't really look like any of the female black widows that I've seen in the states which the females are what you would have to worry about.

https://www.protexpest.com/spider-black-widow.html

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Looks more like an orchard spider to me. A member of the orb weaver family.

Linky

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Im not 100% on this one, but im pretty sure that is a male Northern Black Widow. Im not positive because we dont have them around here and im going off the pictures.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Monkey will know. He is good at this stuff.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
Looks more like an orchard spider to me. A member of the orb weaver family.

Linky

+1

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
All the male black widows I have seen have a different more rounded shaped abdomen...different red pattern and faint red joints on the legs...that to me looks like an imposter named Stan Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Toilet spider , resides under the seat at night, or improperly installed toilet paper.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe a widow that failed art class.

Dead fookin' spider.

Take no chances.

Take no prisoners.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO it taint near flat enough. Got bit by a Brown Recluse once and now any spider I see is just a blob of mush.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post