SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Touching Gillette Comercial
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Touching Gillette Comercial Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was outstanding. Dang blurry screen.

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
I KNOW that the primary function of business is making money; but after THAT one just has to believe that Gillette has other motives in mind. They showed a little of their heart in that one... and I am so glad they did. Excellent, excellent commercial.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
A beautiful little film, very touching. There is not an ounce of pity in it, thank God. "I'd do anything for him.... It's actually an honor to take care of your dad...."

Thanks for posting this, synthplayer. I hope everyone here watches it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent post. I’m fortunate that my dad, at 92, is still able to do a majority of things on his own, but I know that someday that won’t be the case...same for my mom, too.

Just glad they are still around so my own kids can have them in their life.

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for posting that. Very touching to say the least. My sisters and I did the same thing for our father as he suffered through multiple myeloma. It really is what you are supposed to do.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This made my screen blurry!
Thank you.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
very nice.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one! But a good one!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That blurry screen thing must be going around!!! Nice ad!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic post, thank you synthplayer!

I thought it was a supremely touching commercial. I only wish I had that opportunity with my father but unfortunately he chose his second wife over his children and grandchildren. His loss.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was nice to see. To bad more stories like this aren't shown, might be a bit different world. Focus on a selfless act and the love and respect people give everyday without notice from others.

Sorry, made me miss my folks and got me all blurry and sappy.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Had to do that with my dad. It's surreal to live in such a situation.

I couldn't help but think of an old ad I saw for Schick razors, touting how they were used to shave Hindenburg survivors. That was shameless exploitation of a sorry occurrence, but this Gillette commercial is well-done and poignant.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Well done Gillette.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
That's good. It would be worth it to Gillette to pay to air it during prime time, even if the 3 minutes cost them a small fortune.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
That's good. It would be worth it to Gillette to pay to air it during prime time, even if the 3 minutes cost them a small fortune.
Ford did something like this. Hard to believe that was 13 years ago. Cool commercial of a returning Marine and his father.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, better check things out, there seems to be a blurry screen virus attacking here.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post