SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    premature exaltation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

premature exaltation Login/Join 
posted
the neighbor set a B&D cordless leaf blower out on the curb, it looked to be in great condition.

S C O R E !, I thought

Model # nsw18

the battery was woefully deficient ( 18v)

so I thought , no problem , $30.00

then I read a few reviews on this blower.

A. no where near enough wind power
B. 10 hour charge time on batt.
C. 12 min. run time Roll Eyes

glad I checked prior to getting a battery ,
Out it goes !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In this case, one mans trash is..... one mans trash!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Rely on Nature’s wind to blow the leaves over onto you neighbor’s yard.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I will say those little blowers are the cat's meow for blowing out the garage or the front porch and walk etc. or for blowing sawdust.

You might attempt a Karma for it here, just in case someone already has some B&D stuff and already has a Battery to use in it.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Great thread title!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one like that.

It is good for blowing water out of mirrors and other places when drying your car.

Also works good for blowing the dust and stuff out of garage.

Leaf blower not so great.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I bleeve you've ALL missed the point here, folks.

It is a LEAF blower, NOT a LEAFS blower.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
premature exaltation

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I will say those little blowers are the cat's meow for blowing out the garage or the front porch and walk etc. or for blowing sawdust.

You might attempt a Karma for it here, just in case someone already has some B&D stuff and already has a Battery to use in it.

I bought the 20v version as all my other power tools are 20v B&D.....the above is correct, its got a turbo(?) Button that helps but its easier just to mow/mulch the leaves.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 40V Lithium Ion Battery Blower, Trimmer, and Chainsaw. They are adequate but still much less powerful than a 25cc 2-Stroke.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
If it ain’t gas, it won’t last. There’s some things that just need a gas engine, like leaf blowers and automobiles.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
premature exaltation

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

which is perverse?
the premature?
or the exaltation ?
or both ?

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

it was still on the curb this a.m. , if someone wants the charger , I will send it too them .

if you want the whole mess, I whole need $13.00 postage.