SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sharing where I am with you guys...Update in OP 10/17
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharing where I am with you guys...Update in OP 10/17 Login/Join 
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were there in March of 2019. We really enjoyed it. Great food and great people!

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I wasn't sure about what this thread was about reading the title, but I'm damn sure glad I looked. Spent Dec 84/85 at Osan and traveled to Seoul at least every other week. Enjoyed (read loved) the food and sightseeing -- the Koreans are a special type of folks.

After Osan, back to Plattsburgh NY for two years then to Kadena Okionawa. Since Korea was not an accompanied tour, the trip to Kadena was with Wife & Son. Wife asked me one day, "I was talking to some of the other wives, and they said we can take trips to Korea and shop". Well, we got a C-130 ride and spent 2 weeks doing what I loved and my family learned to love it too.

Talked about retiring and living there, but health has erased that idea. We still enjoy talking about it tho' -- thanks for your story AND I EXPECT MORE.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Please keep posting from "The Land of the Morning Calm"> 1969/1970 Camp Sabre / Munsan-ri on the southern banks of the Imjim River between Liberty Bridge and Spoonbill Bridge( temporary pontoon bridge ). And spent time across river inside the "hostile fire zone" and inside the DMZ . Many fond memories of the food / friendly people / adult beverages. After emptying a bottle(fifth size) of "seven horses" (cost 50cts.) I was found laying in edge of rice paddy and was carried back to my bed on a friday night and waking up sunday morning. Had to burn the "kakhi uniform" as it was not servicable. Spent time in the "Katusa" (korean augumentation to the u s army) enlisted club on our base for food. From your photos and other videos that I have seen I am sure that the area would be totally unrecongizable. The fresh spring (season) kimichi was much easier on the tummy than the late winter kimichi that had been buried in the earthen pots for 6 months or more. ...........................drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I hope this post means I chose wisely (just bought a new KIA minivan). Smile

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Hope you did -- my wife is on her third Hyundai -- Sonada, Santa Fe and Santa Fe. I'm waiting on the Santa Cruz (pickup).

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.

I find it very disappointing when people" drive by" post a thread for assistance , then just dissapear.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post