SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OH EMS contemplating on 3 strike policy for OD response
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OH EMS contemplating on 3 strike policy for OD response Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
A lot of ODs from what I have seen are usually a result of one of two things

1. An user gets a batch that is stronger than what he/she is used to so his/her normal dosing causes them to OD.

2. A recovering addict who has lost their tolerance relapses and takes the same amount they did previously which causes them to OD.

I'm honestly curious if legalization and regulation of the supply with consistency of batches would reduce the amount of ODs.

Hell, we've tried everything else up to this point.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
JlJONES
I have a nephew who is addicted and he is going to die, If you read the above posts you will see what happened. If you have read it already I don't know what to say.

If you have not read it, I wish you would,it is not an easy thing to go through when it is happening in your family. I hope it never happens to you,and you might have a different perspective if it does.

And I am truly as sorry as I could be. A loss is always a tragedy. I am sincere in that. However, my opinion does not, and will not change. We are free. And sadly, as in your case, freedom has to have consequences. I am not comparing you to the anti-gunners. But, the emotion is exactly the same. A mother I know of lost a child in a drive by. As she was lobbying for tougher gun laws, I shared the same sentiment with her. She told me that she hoped my child was never gunned down. I told her the exact same thing I told you. She was not happy with my answer. Called me a monster. And if it had been my child, my opinion would not change. Freedom has consequences.

He saw his father stabbed to death when he was 11 years old. At 18 he had to have surgery on both his legs due to a deformity in childhood.

He has been diagnosed with PTSD. Never had a problem with the drug abuse until prescribed opiates after 2 extensive surgeries.

So really it is all his fault? Free will and all.

I could say more but I don't want to get banned Mad .

If this ever comes to your family I hope you remember all you have said.

Posts: 12659 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
JlJONES
I have a nephew who is addicted and he is going to die, If you read the above posts you will see what happened. If you have read it already I don't know what to say.

If you have not read it, I wish you would,it is not an easy thing to go through when it is happening in your family. I hope it never happens to you,and you might have a different perspective if it does.

And I am truly as sorry as I could be. A loss is always a tragedy. I am sincere in that. However, my opinion does not, and will not change. We are free. And sadly, as in your case, freedom has to have consequences. I am not comparing you to the anti-gunners. But, the emotion is exactly the same. A mother I know of lost a child in a drive by. As she was lobbying for tougher gun laws, I shared the same sentiment with her. She told me that she hoped my child was never gunned down. I told her the exact same thing I told you. She was not happy with my answer. Called me a monster. And if it had been my child, my opinion would not change. Freedom has consequences.

He saw his father stabbed to death when he was 11 years old. At 18 he had to have surgery on both his legs due to a deformity in childhood.

He has been diagnosed with PTSD. Never had a problem with the drug abuse until prescribed opiates after 2 extensive surgeries.

So really it is all his fault? Free will and all.

I could say more but I don't want to get banned.

If this ever comes to your family I hope you remember all you have said.

You can be angry with me if you'd like, but at the end of the day if you want to give up your Rights for a little security, you should.

And secondly, you are making a huge assumption that addiction isn't in my family. Cause it is. And addiction took my grandfather. I have a couple of people in my immediate family that have struggled with alcoholism. I have another family member that struggles with prescription pain pill addiction. It is because of this family history that I can't even drink socially. I started down that road with alcohol 25 years ago.
And my opinion still does not change. I hope that you get through this. I hope that at some point you find peace. And I also hope, that much like the families affected by gun violence that want to give away freedoms, that you one day see that giving away liberty for security is never a good trade off.

Freedom has consequences.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Little food for thought...

Anyine want to guess how many trips i have taken to the ER in the past 1.5 years due to exposure to fluids or needles i have been stuck with?

Had to get tests for HIV, and Hep C.

That means you cant do lots of things, especially with your partner... like life partner or anyone else you choose to.be with.... unless you want to risk exposing them.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Little food for thought...

Anyine want to guess how many trips i have taken to the ER in the past 1.5 years due to exposure to fluids or needles i have been stuck with?

Had to get tests for HIV, and Hep C.

That means you cant do lots of things, especially with your partner... like life partner or anyone else you choose to.be with.... unless you want to risk exposing them.

That really sucks,I have been through it. Medical personnel are on the front-line too.
I got the hepatitis B 3 round vaccine when they first came out. I see all these tattooed up people and wonder how many have been exposed and don't know it. Especially the jail house tattoo.

When I worked I would have my primary care doctor periodically test me for HIV and Hepc because of all the exposure I was subjected to.

I wanted to verify the screenings at work were accurate,and years ago it would take weeks for the antibodies to show up in your blood if you were exposed.

Posts: 12659 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post