SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kulning - Swedish Herd Calling:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kulning - Swedish Herd Calling: Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Nice video. I wonder how much of the cows coming is her pipes and how much is the grain she gives them when they show up?

Hollering, “Hey goats” seems to be quite effective as l9ng as I have a bucket in my hand.

Note, I don’t have near the pipes she does, nor would I make anywhere near as nice a video. Smile

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I wonder how much of the cows coming is her pipes and how much is the grain she gives them when they show up?

Once they've learned to associate the sound of her singing with them receiving grain, it no longer matters if she actually has grain or not. They'll come when they hear the singing.

Basic psychological conditioning. Just like teaching a dog to "sit" by giving him a treat when he follows your command. After a while, you no longer have to reward him every time; he just does it on command.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I guess that is as good as banging on a gate and shaking a bucket of corn... But I can't sing

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post