SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kulning - Swedish Herd Calling:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kulning - Swedish Herd Calling: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted

https://youtu.be/nc7F_qv3eI8

Kulning is a domestic Scandinavian music form, often used to call livestock (cows, goats, etc.) down from high mountain pastures where they have been grazing during the day.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
.... and Vikings, to their deaths.

Nope, nope, nope.

(hands on ears, while singing "LALALALALALALALALA!!!!")

"Row, you sons of Ragnar!"

"ROWWWWWWWW!!!!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
The woman has a beautiful set of pipes!

I'd come running, too!
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Hell of a lot better than yodeling.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Much, much better than the pig calling they used to do in southern Michigan when I was growing up!

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two labs will come running when I open the front door and yell, “cocktails!”

Posts: 990 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Seems the Greeks aren't the only ones with sirens.

Yep, she could lead me away whenever it suited her.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Pavlov would approve.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IypL_EcI9XE

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54631 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I tried this with my cows and it didn't work at all.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Fowler:
Absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Yes she is, and her call was as well. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IypL_EcI9XE

Play an acordion go to jail; it's the law!

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I'd be worried some of the New Immigrants may come...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
My two labs will come running when I open the front door and yell, “cocktails!”

That sounds like a great training trick for my next dog!

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
That was beautiful....all of it.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I tried this with my cows and it didn't work at all.

You might try the trombone. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_-emj1qR4

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
In ten years she'll be wearing a burka and calling them with a "call to prayers". Sad, isn't it?

What's sad is that a beautiful sound and scene are going to get nuked as soon as Para sees the political commentary. Please consider deleting.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Wondered while I was listening if that was how yodeling was developed.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post