SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife bought a 2018 Subaru Forester XT yesterday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife bought a 2018 Subaru Forester XT yesterday Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:
We are taking it to the best independent shop in the area and they specialize in Subaru’s. They also have a new state of the art paint shop.

Everything will be replaced with new Subaru OEM parts. Should be like new when completed. I don’t see any long term issues as long as there isn’t any mechanical damage.

The spike buck jumped just as it was hit and was hit high on drivers side. Messed up the hood, drivers side headlight, drivers side front fender and The grill and front bumper.

Could have been worst.

First, glad she wasn't hurt.
Second, I hit one at 72 MPH that took out the hood, right quarter panel, headlight and down the right side of the car. Company car that my sister had opted to buy when my new company car came in. About $6,000 damage in 2008. She went ahead and bought it despite the accident once it was fixed. Nine years later she has put over 100,000 miles it and it, no issues and it still looks great.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
The good thing is no one got hurt and she didn't hit a moose.
We've had two Foresters and are terrific vehicles; especially in the snow.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDSigManiac:
quote:
Originally posted by tdp113530:
Take it back to the dealer. Have your wife tell them it came from the factory like that. Demand a replacement.

So, you think it appropriate to downright lie. Sad state of affairs when it becomes ok to lie to get something one is not,entitled to.

OP, sorry about the bad luck. With factory parts she will be as good,as new.

Geeez, lighten up Francis.

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
As much as it sucks it could have been far worse.

I ran an MVA last weekend (with my volunteer fire department) where a 23 year old girl hit a deer, then she lost control, crossed the center median and struck a bus, head on. She was ejected and killed.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Damn near hit one yesterday morning with my Forester. Still not sure how I missed it.
A good body shop will improve on anything that comes out of the factory in terms of paint and fit and finish of body parts.

A good friend of mine of 30 plus years and his brother own a body shop. They grew up in the business and they can do some amazing things. I've spent the day hanging around their shop a few times watching them work. Incredible what can be done. Someone rolled over a new Escalade and brought it to them. Every single body panel had damage done. They removed the entire body and much of the interior. He backed it out of his shop one day just the frame and motor using a vise grips as the steering wheel.

I watched him bring it out of the paint booth a month or so later. Looked better than it probably did on the showroom floor. I was truly amazed.

We have purchased all of our vehicles salvaged and they do the repair work. I bought a 2016 Expedition Limited EL 4wd that was hit in the rear and totaled down in Texas. Just over 5400 miles on it. Still had the new car smell. Had it brought up here and they did the repairs. Been driving it a few months and I love it!

New it booked out just over $62k all said and done I got a bit over $36 into it.

Sorry for the drift but the point is no one but the deer was hurt and sounds like you are working with a quality shop so all is good!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she is going to enjoy her new suburu, eventually , glad she is o.k.
keep an eye on her for post traumatic deer disorder

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
That’s bad

To help you out and help you feel better. I had bought a new Chevy Z71 extended cab pickup truck less then 500 miles on it. Drove it to a small town in the county where we were having a early morning low light qualification shoot. Stopped in to a convenience store for coffee backed up and hit a block short wall made to protect pipes. Damaged rear bumper and box, went in to talk to the manager to let him know I hit the wall.....He said...hey don’t worry you are not the first to hit that damn wall, but you most likely will be the last...we are taking that wall and pipes out today....well isn’t hat a fine howdy do....I could have gone my whole life not knowing that news!

Then a week later the local small town newspaper with the police report of a man driving into a wall at the store was strategically strewn about the police dept. and pinned on bulletin boards. )$$&*((($@%==—,!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post