SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did you ever forget where you parked your car but found it 20 years later?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did you ever forget where you parked your car but found it 20 years later? Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted
I haven't but this guy did.
After seeing a photo, I'm not sure I'd want that one back, but OK.
It kind of looks like a 4DR reworked downsized AMC Pacer. Eek

One of everything happens in this world, given enough time.

https://www.irishtimes.com/new...-parked-it-1.3295670

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Interesting. There has to be more to the story such as went out drinking, tried to save a buck by parking car in abandoned industrial building (as opposed to a parking lot, parking garage, or street), and got blackout drunk.

Best line:
quote:
The car was in disrepair, and could not be driven home.
I imagine the gasoline was varnish, the tires wouldn't hold air, the battery wouldn't take a charge, everything electrical was corroded, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost my car for 3 days....but man!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would imagine so.

If I subscribe to Uconnect Access, I can load an app onto my phone that will, amongst other things, tell me where is my Jeep. I think Uconnect Access is something like $25/mo., though. So I guess I'll just have to continue to remember where I left it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Time travel is a bitch.

Everyone thinks you can simply pop in and out of the time river with precision.

But it's not like that, more like trying to step in and step out on a specific rock in a Class VI White Water Rapids at night while liberty sailor drunk.

Bet that's what happened to that guy.

Not that he can ever tell the truth...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I would imagine so.

The good news is it was right where it needed to be for free take away/destruction.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure she slipped me a roofie. I'll swing by later to pick up my ride.

Sorry for it being on the internet. That ride's a keeper. Pretty sure I got laid to Meatloaf's "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" in that shaggin' wagon. Fun times....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I've come back to the employee lot after a 4-day trip and SWORE that someone stole my 1997 Toyota Corolla amongst a bevy of new BMW's and Mercedes Benz's. After a 45 minute search in the scorching Houston heat and humidity...probably 118 on the pavement...I'd find it 3 or 4 rows over (key fob chirp doesn't work). Yeah...idiot started parking it in the same spot after 6 or 7 of these episodes.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for five and a half years , there was a decked out land cruiser in the parking lot , across the street from my apt. in westlake village ca.,

35 inch mud terrains on aluminum rims, custom o.r. bumpers and roof rack, custom bucket recaro seats, cloth top,winch and o.r. lights.

I asked the sherriffs dept. the city p.d. the c.h.p. and the strip mall store people about it.

then they resurfaced the parking lot and it was gone.

it never moved , it never got vandalized , never got washed , never moved in all that time

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the 76-year-old owner was found, he was driven by police and accompanied by his daughter to be reunited with the car, according to German regional paper Augsberger Allgemein.

That this was a surprise to anyone should be another hint.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much he owed in parking fees. So what if the garage was being demolished, those Germans are a stickler for the rules.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I don't think it would take much in the way of fees to outweigh the car's value.

The owner got a screaming deal on storage fees.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I once could not find my car for about a good 30-40 minutes in one of those goofy multilevel parking garages, got so pissed off that I walked to the very top and worked my way down, hitting my lock button on the fob as I went, weirdest thing ever to get that lost.

This is pretty funny, I would imagine the tires were pretty flat and rotted after 20 years. Leave it to Ze Germans to not mess with it for 20 years!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Now I take a photo of the parking level / lot where I park. I learned the hard way, coming back after 2 weeks on the road and thinking "where the fuck did I leave my car".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Waze will direct you to where you last left your car automatically.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Did he collect on insurance? I would have to say there is more to this story.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The painted parking lines look to be in good shape.
Did they re-stripe the parking lot at some point with the car in place?

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My friend Scott had one of those moments at the Montreal airport...except his truck had been stolen!!!

It took him 1-2 hrs to convince security that he didn't just forget where he parked.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Now I take a photo of the parking level / lot where I park. I learned the hard way, coming back after 2 weeks on the road and thinking "where the fuck did I leave my car".

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My recall of parking spots is pretty good. I have woke up in my car and had no clue where I was.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The painted parking lines look to be in good shape.
Did they re-stripe the parking lot at some point with the car in place?

That’s a stock photo, not the actual car.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post