SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum Auto Brain Trust, please pick up the white courtesy phone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum Auto Brain Trust, please pick up the white courtesy phone Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Fix the Ford.

Posts: 1826 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BDA220:
Don't buy the JeeP! My daughter had one, constantly broken, money pit POS.

The Jeep would be free, but if we can borrow my SiL's spare car for a couple of months, we'll get the Ford fixed.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
With the options at hand fix the F150.
You'll be close to $3000 in the others as I promise you will find more issues as you have no idea what has or has not been done to the others.

Look for a used and not rebuilt motor to save some money.

THIS. But I wouldn't trust a used motor unless I knew exactly what it came out of

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Well, my opinion is to stay away from the Tahoe. I'm assuming it is a 4wd. While the engine is probably a 350, real common, what happens when the transmission, transfer case or front drive axle goes out? Those are not cheap dates either. Another thing is how bad and what else has rusted, like the frame? Remember a few days ago the member with the rusted out frame? The 1995's, IIRC was the last year for the throttle body injection, pretty easy system to work on though as a plus.

It's between fix the Ford or jump to the Jeep.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob

We don't have 3K to spend right now, we've been swamped with medical costs. If we did have the 3K we would buy a rebuilt engine. The only used engine we could find has 150K on it, and no warranty.

Neither of your others have a warranty either, you brakes and radiator are good?

150k on a 5.4 is nothing, coil packs are not expensive, can you do the swap yourself?
If not the jeep with a radiator problem for free is your best bet

Posts: 23420 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I made the mistake of buying a low miles truck that had been sitting for a year - all kinds of things wrong with it after I started driving it...

It looked good to start with but turned out to be a bad choice. Never again buy anything that's been sitting for a year or more.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post