SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need a new washing machine...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a new washing machine... Login/Join 
posted
So which brand is currently the most reliable? The drain pump on our 10-12 year old LG front loader just died so it's time for a new one. My wife would prefer a front loader, but it's not a necessity. Just looking for the most reliable brand. Thanks

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
There was a simalir thread not long ago, and I can tell you my next one will be a Speed Queen.

Posts: 743 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
Here is the thread.

Posts: 743 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and i found a set of Samsung for $400 off craigslist. I had to pick them up from a lady (in her 40s, very easy to look at) moving from her condo - she didn't their size. The set was 2-3 years old and retailed for $1,200 when new.

Admittedly though, it took us about 2 weeks to find.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Plain Jane, minimal foo-foo, minimal electronics Speed Queen. Not cheap @ $900 but about the only thing out that that will last more than 5 years and doesn't cost more to keep running than it's worth.

What Maytag used to be 40 years ago.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have nursing a +15 year old Kenmore along with a few relatively inexpensive repairs, but at the next major / costly breakdown, it will be replaced with a Speed Queen.

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We are quite happy with our year-old Speed Queen. The wife insisted on the model with the electronic control panel. It is nice, but may cause us grief down the road. If it were just me, I would have picked the model with manual controls. Nice to have a tub full of water, be able to pick up the lid to stop the cycle, and add items. It also "sounds" robust when it goes through the cycles.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice. I decided to spend $30 and ordered a new drain pump from Amazon this morning. I've already got the old pump out and I'll be installing the new one tomorrow after work. If that doesn't fix it I'll be looking at a Speed Queen front loader.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post