SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Kansas law bans police sex with detainees
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Kansas law bans police sex with detainees Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
"Law enforcement officers in Kansas are now banned from having sex with people they stop for traffic violations" Popo no poko

My wife was in Lawrence, KS recently and she brought back the local Saturday paper. She wondered? "What if someone was just lonely? They can't call the police?"

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Something's going on if they had to pass a law Eek

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
When my friend and fellow SF member B92F was still with the police department on street patrol he told me there was a woman who had a particular affection for policemen, the personal license tag on her car read ‘LOVETO’ and she would commit traffic infractions in the hope of being pulled over. If the officer was to her liking she would offer to make nice. And not necessarily to get out of the ticket, though I assume that was the general idea. He said she never managed to come into his beat area, though. Not that it would’ve made any difference, he was (and is) an upstanding, honest and happily married man.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The “breathalyzer tests” must be brutal. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
When my friend and fellow SF member B92F was still with the police department on street patrol he told me there was a woman who had a particular affection for policemen, the personal license tag on her car read ‘LOVETO’ and she would commit traffic infractions in the hope of being pulled over. If the officer was to her liking she would offer to make nice. And not necessarily to get out of the ticket, though I assume that was the general idea. He said she never managed to come into his beat area, though. Not that it would’ve made any difference, he was (and is) an upstanding, honest and happily married man.

Probably better than a girl with a thing for firemen. Arson is not safe foreplay.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Something's going on if they had to pass a law

That used to be mostly true. Today, however, it seems to me that more laws are passed because someone thinks something they don’t like might happen.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
what's the difference between police sex and the regular kind ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8655 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
So many rules anymore....

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:

Size of the handcuffs and leg irons.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:

You end up in the pokey!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The anti Holster Sniffers law.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10889 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
an example of how far we've fallen

its not enough that it might just be common sense, but they had to pass a law because apparently common sense isn't common to Kansas cops?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53156 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
its not enough that it might just be common sense, but they had to pass a law because apparently common sense isn't common to Kansas cops?

Well there is a glaring loophole. The law doesn't say anything about sex prior to detainment or afterwords for that matter.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats a good point you raise

I feel better now

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53156 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Well, thank goodness it's still allowed in 32 other states Eek

"Before Gov. Jeff Colyer signed the law Thursday, Kansas was among 33 states where consensual sex between police and people in their custody wasn't a crime, The Wichita Eagle reported."

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Takes all the fun out for a few, I'll guess:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Something's going on if they had to pass a law

That used to be mostly true. Today, however, it seems to me that more laws are passed because someone thinks something they don’t like might happen.

Laws are no longer created to prevent crime; rather, they are created as a basis to convict and punish for things that have been happening but were not previously convictable.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something's going on if they had to pass a law Eek

You got to have rules and laws, man.

Q

Posts: 26315 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
"Holscher introduced the bill after an investigation found that a Kansas City, Kan., detective coerced women to have sex with him by threatening to arrest them or their family." The Hill

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
"Holscher introduced the bill after an investigation found that a Kansas City, Kan., detective coerced women to have sex with him by threatening to arrest them or their family." The Hill

Um, and this law is going to address that specific instance how?

Cop: Have sex with me and we'll forget about that ticket.

Woman: But that's illegal.

Cop: Oh, I forgot, thanks for reminding me. That was a close one.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10889 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post