SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My little buddy went missing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My little buddy went missing Login/Join 
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Just now seeing this, prayers for Sam. Lord, please lead that little Dog home.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for EVERYONE involved.........

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
No good news, I’d really like to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers though.

Still checking the shelters and there is a very active lost and found pets page on FB in my area.

He was always a stubborn little shit, he may have known it was his time and just wandered off. I still feel horrible about it though.

My dad passed away almost exactly a month to the day Sam disappeared.

I never cried through that whole ordeal. The wife thinks maybe I transferred some of the grieving over to Sam, she’s always been pretty smart on these things so I won’t argue.

That doesn’t diminish anything I said about the little stubborn SOB though. He was kinda like me, a loner and hard to get to know, but fiercely loyal.

You guys here are the best...I even had offers to drive over and help me search.
A virtual shoulder to cry on has been a big help, I knew it was a long shot after the first couple hours of searching, but a miracle may still happen.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
I went through the exact same thing 20 years ago, I feel for you and I'll say a prayer.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I almost lost the dog during a snow storm. Someone left the gate open and he wandered. He was seen being picked up and brought into a car. Bride nearly jumped on their hood !!

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your losses, both your dad and your little buddy coming so close together. Don't be afraid to grieve the loss of loved ones.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Still keep checking this thread hoping you've found him. You guys are in my thoughts.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
No good news, I’d really like to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers though.

Still checking the shelters and there is a very active lost and found pets page on FB in my area.

He was always a stubborn little shit, he may have known it was his time and just wandered off. I still feel horrible about it though.

My dad passed away almost exactly a month to the day Sam disappeared.

I never cried through that whole ordeal. The wife thinks maybe I transferred some of the grieving over to Sam, she’s always been pretty smart on these things so I won’t argue.

That doesn’t diminish anything I said about the little stubborn SOB though. He was kinda like me, a loner and hard to get to know, but fiercely loyal.

You guys here are the best...I even had offers to drive over and help me search.
A virtual shoulder to cry on has been a big help, I knew it was a long shot after the first couple hours of searching, but a miracle may still happen.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I think of grief as if it is in a container. When there is to much to be contained it spills over and we react accordingly. When my paternal grandfather passed I was sad but contained until I saw how grieved my aunts were. Then it was too much for me and I reacted.

While it doesn't look good for Sam, there is a very good chance someone took him in. We have done that before. We have given lost pets a warm place to sleep and full bellies for many years. A few times we were able to find the families and a few times we kept the pet. Maybe think of Sam that way. Do what you can but hope he is comfortably stretched out on someone's carpet snoozing his most recent meal off.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
praying for your buddy

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Praying for his safe return.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:

quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I think of grief as if it is in a container. When there is to much to be contained it spills over and we react accordingly.

Some VERY wise words.
I've experienced both of the above.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No luck? Hate this for you.

Posts: 83 | Location: New Albany,Indiana on the river | Registered: November 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Not much hope now I’m afraid, unless some little old lady has him in the house spoiling him with kibble.

I’m still checking the shelters, maybe someone has him and is waiting for the weather to break before doing anything, it’s been bad here.

I’m just thinking of the good times, we used to book pet friendly cottages and take him to the beach with us.

First time he ran straight into the ocean full speed and got barrel rolled like 8 times.

On subsequent trips he looked like one of those sandpipers running back and forth just out of reach of the water lol!

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is he chipped and collared?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54636 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Elkabong, my friend, I feel for you. Our pets surely become part of the family.

I don't know if you'll find Sam or not, but don't give up hope. For inspiration on another man's loss, I'm going to refer you to this epic thread of his journey to find his stolen dog. Although, I warn you now, it's longer than many novels... Omg my fj60 was stolen and my dog was inside

Never give up hope. Good luck.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
A Winter storm caused Sweet Pea, our black Lab, to jump our six foot privacy fence. We weren’t home,but got reports of her running for her life due the thunder nd lightening. We posted flyers, drove around shouting, and were up at dawn and back home after dark.
She got her home on the fifth day.
Keep the hope alive.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any news?

Posts: 83 | Location: New Albany,Indiana on the river | Registered: November 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine, ex-GF (yeah, it happens) took off on a trip with her new boyfriend last spring. She'd been staying with me for a while before that, along with her cat. The cat had a collar with a tag on it with my phone number. So they get halfway down to California and the cat escapes from the car and takes off. They waited and searched for hours be eventually had to move on. She was heartbroken. Seven weeks later I got a phone call. A couple vacationing over here from Montana had found the cat, skinny and afraid, but alive. We were sure that by then she had become a snack for a coyote or maybe a raptor of some kind. You never know what might happen, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and Sam.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:...

I’m just thinking of the good times, we used to book pet friendly cottages and take him to the beach with us. ...

It is clear that you provided love, and more than any living thing requires, to your Sam.

That is more than anyone could ask.

I am sorry for your grief, and will agree with you in hope and prayer, that someone is spoiling him, yet.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post