SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My little buddy went missing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My little buddy went missing Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
My little pal went missing last night, it’s my fault
He’s 16 years old and has been declining a little
He’s deaf and has been wandering out of the yard, which he had never done before.
I got home late last night and he wasn’t in his usual place. I was worried and woke the wife up, she said he was probably in our daughters room, but I didn’t check.

This morning he was nowhere to be found.
I started canvassing the neighborhood immediately, one neighbor about 500 yds away thought he saw him crossing our little road about dawn. We’ve posted flyers and put his picture all over social media.

A good friend of mine left work early to help me search the woods. I’ve been looking over 12 hours now.

If I would have found him hit on the road or dead I would have been devastated but this is worse, imagining him stuck somewhere in the cold, alone and afraid.

The wife and kids are not as upset as me, and that makes me more upset.
I’m sitting here in the truck so they don’t see me cry.

He’s my dog.....
He never lied to me
He never cheated on me
He never disrespected me
He never took me for granted
He only wanted a pat on the head and a treat occasionally
He counted on me for everything, and I’ve let him down

My only hope is someone takes him in and contacts us, but there’s a snow storm and freezing weather coming

If anyone can say a prayer for my little buddy I’d sure appreciate it.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These little furry buddies weasel their way into our hearts - and are irreplaceable. Praying for a successful reunion with your compatriot!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying to St. Anthony. What is his name?

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Frown
Does he still have his sense of smell? Maybe put treats on you and start up wind of your search area.
Wish I could do more to help.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Praying to St. Anthony. What is his name?

His name is Sam, thank you

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent to Sam.

Hope you find your buddy.

Please keep us posted.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
If I was in your area I would help you search.

Hoping the best for you and Sam.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I've found I can pray in my head, and I will. I truely hope you find him safe. If you do, get a dog lead please. Have faith and keep looking. Their nose seems to determine where they go.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent hope you find Sam.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Prayer's for you and Sam. Our granddaughter's cat went missing over the holidays, when we had low's in the teens. After 3 nights of frigid temps, she showed back up looking thin and hungry, but is otherwise OK.

I hope Sam comes home.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I hope your buddy is safe and you're reunited soon.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent up for the safe return of Sam to his family.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope and pray for a speedy reunion! I'm sorry this happened.

Many moons ago my mom had a little Maltese, he was let out to go potty in the back yard, but the neighbor kid left the back gate open, they cut through the yard all the time.

It was a cold snowy night. After awhile mom's baby didn't"knock" on the door so my mom went to look. No baby. He had wondered out of the open gate, and being half blind and deaf in the snowy dark couldn't find his way back home.

After a week of -0 conditions we gave up hope, then someone called the number on the missing poster. He had ran out infront of their car.

They caught him, all oily, dirty and wet. We figured that he was camped out under warm cars.

I guess the moral of the story is, don't give up hope! Also they are sometimes tougher than we give them credit for.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I hope someone finds him and he is returned to you safely. Prayers sent.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I hope and pray you're reunited with your buddy Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Praying you're reunited with your friend soon.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Prayers out for the best possible outcome to him being MIA...may he be found safe and sound by kind people and returned to his family.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Praying for Sam to find his way home.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Everything you said about him was my cat Ralf. Went missing at 17 years old. The worst part is not knowing. I hope the best for you!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Praying you will find him!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post