SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember last year, when the Superbowl was somehow turned into a referendum on the presidential election? Falcons and the Patriots?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember last year, when the Superbowl was somehow turned into a referendum on the presidential election? Falcons and the Patriots? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Yeah, well, the Falcons are gonna sit this one out. I know that those who follow pro ball are aware of this. I just wanted to point it out. Smile

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other side is losing in the physical realm & the allegorical as well. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Cant forget this gem of a tweet from last year...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Reality check! Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Haha, I hadn't seen that tweet (twit?) before. The most telling part of it is that he isn't cheering for the Falcons to win, he's cheering for the pats to lose. Just like liberal politics, they don't want their side to win, they just want everybody else to lose.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:...they don't want their side to win, they just want everybody else to lose.

Give this nice man a Chicken Dinner.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post