SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seattle Folks, Eatery Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seattle Folks, Eatery Recommendations Login/Join 
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted
I'll be up in the Seattle area...actually Renton...the weekend of August 19/20 shooting the IDPA Washington State Match.

I'm flying in Saturday morning, shooting that afternoon, shooting Sunday morning, and flying out Sunday evening. I'll have a rental car

I'm staying at the Quality Inn, on SE Maple Valley, in Renton Saturday night. I am looking for recommendations for dinner Saturday (likely something light)and Sunday (something more celebratory; unless make a trip to Dairy Queen). My flight out doesn't leave until 2145hrs

Thanks in advance

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been decades since I lived in Seattle but I still recall good meals at 13 Coins restaurants. One was in Seattle city area and one near Sea-Tac airport. I liked the Joe's Special. I hope they are still in business.

Posts: 73 | Location: Oceanside, CA | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be up at the Renton Fish and Game club.

What type of food you looking for.
here is a start just down the street, lots to choose from.

http://www.thelandinginrenton.com/dining/

Just a heads up it is going to be VERY hot for Seattle area this month. Plan clothing and lots of water to stay hydrated.
I live in the area if you have other questions.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
http://www.mamnoonrestaurant.com

http://www.tilikumplacecafe.com/

http://toulousepetit.com/

http://tanakasanseattle.com

I asked my wife and these were the ones she thought of off hand. Safe travels.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bai Tong Thai in Tukwila:

http://www.baitongrestaurant.com/

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The general area is rural and not really known for restaurants.

The Black Diamond Bakery in Black Diamond is really good for home cooking style food.

Black Diamond Bakery
32805 Railroad Ave
Black Diamond, WA 98010
b/t Favro St & Baker St

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Boiling Point has the best hot pot in Seattle and the closest that I have had to Taiwanese. Be prepared for a line.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mamnoon was awesome. If you click through to their homepage, we sat at the table that the bearded guy on the far right is at. Superb food, exceptional service.

Tango Restaurant was great too. Neither would we have found on our own.

But both are in Seattle and not Renton. So other than the unexpected mention of Mamnoon, I have nothing to help you. Except....

Wherever you go (if it is mid-level or above) get the OpenTable app and make reservations. Puget-SuperCity is super crazy for getting fed; I have no idea how people get in to some of the places, or afford it on a regular basis (but then I'm not a MS or Amazon or other super-whiz highly paid engineer).

Posts: 517 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If you go to The Landing, avoid The Rock, just trust me. If you like Mexican food, Torero's is absolutely the place. Ask for Fernando, tell him a regular customer from the old highlands location sent you, you'll get taken care of. Coming from Cali, that might not excite. There's an Ivar's Clam chowder house there on the lake. If you like Thai, the Royal Orchid is good. Cedar River Smokehouse is good also. The Berliner used to be a decent place for group beers after an event. I dunno, what are you looking for? There's all kinds of great stuff not far.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
We were in Seattle last month and were directed to a fantastic foodie/new-italian restaurant near Pike Place Market called The Pink Door. It's in Post Alley and as the name suggests, there is a pink door but with no address number or sign anywhere, just the door. The three of us opted to share appetizers like the cheese board and antipasto. It was an outstanding meal, fantastic service, with a nice view of the water from the deck or the new dining room. Someone more familiar with Seattle subsequently told us it was one of the hottest restaurants in town.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I wasn't more specific as I didn't know what was in the area.

I'll likely link up with some other local folks who are also traveling to the match and we'll see what the consensus choice of food will be.

I'm interested in going to the Boiling Point, but we have one not too far away from my home...some maybe something more Seattle-ish.

Ivar's Clam Chowder house also peaks my interest...we shall see

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the free weed.

I

On a more serious note, expect to see and be approached by panhandlers because they ran out of weed

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to head into town, Issaquah (just over the hill from Renton on 900) has a few good places: El 42 Cantina (good mexican for this area), Sunset grill (pub food) or Jacks (steak). All owned by the same guy and all good. Another option is the Black Duck for beer and pub food

If you want something Seattley, Elliot Bay Oyster house is down on Alaskan near the ferry terminal. Decent food and on the water. Other options Rays Boat house in Ballard, Pallisades near Magnolia (pricey), Flying Fish in South Lake Union. Also plenty of good steak houses if you want to go that way. The Met is great, not cheap.

And if you want the ultimate Seattle dining experience, and don't mind dropping a ton of coin; Canlis. Bring a jacket

Posts: 166 | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Don't forget the free weed.

I

On a more serious note, expect to see and be approached by panhandlers because they ran out of weed

Probably not in Renton. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post