SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rock Hill NC Municipal Court Judge Ray Long
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Hill NC Municipal Court Judge Ray Long Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
From a couple of years back. Worth a watch IMO.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Based on first impressions, I like that judge. I wonder if she listened to his advice?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I didn't check on it but I'd wager she hasn't changed. Nevertheless, in the words of The Bard:

The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I absolutely believe in giving good people a break if they screw up...once (depending, of course, on the crime committed).

This being her third time? For the same offense? Wouldn't happen were I the judge.

He does appear to be an awfully good man though.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a difference. My ex wife took me before a magistrate because I made reservations at Disney world years ago to take my son and new family. She found out I had a vacation planned and got time scheduled off work and then told me she wanted the boy on the weekend I was leaving. Just to screw with me.
That magistrate would cut me off every time I started to tell him why I would not let her take him that weekend. When I proceeded to talk over him finally, he threatened me with contempt of court...I told him I plead guilty to that charge.
I like a judge with a little mercy, but today seems like the more times you have been convicted, the more mercy those guys get.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I have known a few judges with that attitude and have had the privilege to represent clients before them.

They were not kidding when they said, "this is your one chance to get things right". I suspect this magistrate was equally serious when he admonished her to never appear before him again.

Well done, sir.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post

I agree with what Gustofer said. "This being her third time? For the same offense?"

Will the judge's mercy and warning affect her habits? Tune in again in a few months.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Will the judge's mercy and warning affect her habits? Tune in again in a few months.
The clip is from a couple of years back. If it matters to you, you can probably find out what happened with the girl.

What's the subject line of this thread? I posted this because of the judge and his patience and kindness. If we're going to have a contest about who's the biggest hardass and law-and-order hardliner around here, I'm in the running, but again, that's not what this thread is about.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
So before y'all flame me for resurrecting an old thread, I did so to check on Shaska Bernetta Dye’s progress. I did my best to see if she has any more scrapes with the law; couldn't find any. Good for her. Seems the judges intuition in this case was spot on. One could argue that this is how the judicial system ought to work.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post