SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arkansas State Park - Gun Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arkansas State Park - Gun Question Login/Join 
posted
My Google fu must not be what it used to be. I am traveling to Petit Jean State Park soon for a camping trip. We are camping in tents in their designated camping area. I have found several people saying different things, but nothing official. Can I, as a TN permit holder, carry a gun in an Arkansas state park? Some say you can in the park, but not in the visitors center or at "events". Others say you can't even have one in your car when you enter the park.

I would likely wear it concealed at night and leave it in the car (hidden) while we are out hiking.

Thank you!

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arkansas.pdf

Looks like some buildings in some state parks are off limits. I am not familiar with Arkansas state parks, so I couldn't tell you which ones are where. Beyond that, there appears to be no specific language prohibiting state parks.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks bob!

According to this link, I can carry just not in the Mather lodge or visitor center that are both in the Petit Jean state park. So I would be fine even hiking.

Thanks again!

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
My wife use to work in petit Jean about 11 years ago. She is good friends with the superintendent of the park. So we try to make it down there once a year.

Park rangers (then) told me ccw is legal in the park. But the buildings all have a no ccw sign at the door.

If you get time, head over to mount magazine. Its beautiful up there.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post