SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2021 Harley Davidson Models information
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 Harley Davidson Models information Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Not a ton of news out, seems they discontinued a few Softail models, Touring and CVO bikes remain the same models. No details on tech changes yet, they have leaked that Vivid Black will be a color! Read that they dumped the hydraulic clutches Big Grin went back to cable...

They have an online reveal on Jan19th you can sign up at HD's web page.

However two new lines, Adventure Touring and Sport Street Fighter lines are hitting the streets, and interesting move.

The Pan America - and Adventure Touring Bike hits the market, should be interesting, Link

HD Streetfighter AKA HD sport bikes

Bronx 1250 and 950 - Link

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I had to look at the calendar and confirm it wasn't April 1st. That fugly adventure touring bike looks more like an early 3D rendering than final rollout to the world.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H-D is actually announcing its new 2021 models in a live virtual event on 1/19. What is out now is just carryover of 2020 models.

https://www.harley-davidson.co...-product-launch.html

The Streetfighter bike is literally ancient news. It was announced about 2 years ago and has already been pulled from the lineup. The OP's info is way out of date.

Posts: 2475 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
H-D is actually announcing its new 2021 models in a live virtual event on 1/19. What is out now is just carryover of 2020 models.

https://www.harley-davidson.co...-product-launch.html

The Streetfighter bike is literally ancient news. It was announced about 2 years ago and has already been pulled from the lineup. The OP's info is way out of date.

I referenced the virtual roll out in my post, the link is good though.

They may have pulled the Streetfighter, heard that as well, but its listed on some of the pre-release boards as a potential 2021, so who knows..

I like the Pan American, its an interesting bike. Hopefully it makes the grade. It's no more ugly than the box wearing BMW bikes...

FIgured Adventure bikes were more about sustenance and performance than looks.

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
The local Dealer is already taking “pre-orders” for the Pan-American. Wink

It will be interesting to see how the market accepts the Adventure bikes. Harley-Davidson is committed to the product line since it is one of the largest growing global market segments.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Are there any specs on the Pan American?
I can only find engine specs so far. Being a Harley, I’m wondering how it’s weight is going to compare to other ADV bikes.

Posts: 6297 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I will say as a whole, the ADV segment has gotten heavier each iteration, regardless of manufacturer. Same things happening to them that is happening to all other automobiles. People want larger displacement, creature comforts and nanny aides. All of that adds pounds.

Edited to get rid of references to the bike being electric.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mutedblade,

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I saw the bike at Daytona Bike Week during the beginning of the Pandemic in March, for a little bit, HD, Indian et all were out of Daytona when the mayor cut out all vendor permits in the city. So I got about 15 minutes of viewing.

HD's video with one in motion...

Of course it's all speculation and leaks but the pricing estimates are $17 to $20 fully loaded. 150 HP/90 TQ and in the 500 pound range, basically the same area as the KTM 1290 Adventure, Ducati and BMW R1250GS.

Pan America Pricing Article

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I hope the Pan America proves to be glitch free with long term durability right from the start. Electronic suspension, tubeless wheels, I think VVT, it seems like they will be competitive with BMW and KTM. Now let's hope HD's dealers don't try to get greedy and load the price up.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7070 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Apologies everyone. I thought this was the electric version of the bike. You can disregard my earlier post. Coffee hadn't kicked in yet I guess. No idea how this one will do.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
First thought on opening this thread was "ah, HD finally realized there was money in the BMW RS1200/1250 line...."

The Bimmer version is a fairly tall saddle. For those who've seen both, is the HD gonna sit higher, or is this the Napoleonic version of the BMW?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I saw it in person almost 2 years ago at the Cleveland motorcycle show. We weren't permitted to sit on it but could get pretty close and the seat appeared around the same height as a Honda Africa Twin or BMW GS (not the taller GSA). Since then when looking at various images I've noticed the seat appears to either be adjustable or come in more than one height because the rider's seat is sometimes way lower than the rear seat, other times not so much.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7070 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ridden most of my life with most styles of bikes. The ADV bike, at least the top of the line ones, represent the best of all worlds. When I rode cruisers or baggers, I always found myself somewhere where a two track, dirt road or trail went and I wanted to explore them. My BMW allows that and also does a great job on the highway and around town. If you have not ridden one, give it a shot. You may be surprised. I just bought my latest BMW last October so I wont be in a position to buy a Pan American for a couple of years. By that time, it should have been evaluated as being a contender in the ADV field or not. I hope it is, because I want spend my motorcycling $$$ with an American company. And my nearest BMW dealer (and maintenance) is over 100 miles away, in another state! The H-D dealership is within walking distance.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I hope the Pan America proves to be glitch free with long term durability right from the start. Electronic suspension, tubeless wheels, I think VVT, it seems like they will be competitive with BMW and KTM. Now let's hope HD's dealers don't try to get greedy and load the price up.

Get ready to see a host of Dealer add-on fees.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Why does HD keep toying with the idea of the sport bike? They should either realize that they will never capture the market from Ducati, Honda and Suzuki, and stop teasing us, or build the damn thing.

I don’t ride anymore. Haven’t in 28 years. I would consider it if HD made the street fighter.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to join the Reveal event on 2/22/2021 for the Pan America here is the link to register:

The Pan America™ on February 22

The Web site does have some additional video but sadly no specs yet.

Was able to snap an image from the video on the display...

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The problem with Harley’s new Bronx (besides it’s stupid name) is that it makes ever so slightly more HP & Torque than a stock Suzuki SV1000 from 2003. A $2500 SV1000 has more aftermarket support and WAAAY more performance options so to me the Bronx doesn’t make much sense. There is supposedly a more powerful version coming out soon but it’ll likely get destroyed by Ducati & Aprilia’a V4 Street fighters.

Can anyone find any weight figures on the Bronx? I’m curious to see how heavy it is.

If HD wants to build a street fighter that can truly throw down with the bikes from Europe and Japan they need to be more like Ducati and realize the V-twin when held to the same cubic centimeters cannot compete with four cylinder engines. Ducati went as far as publicly admitting after switching to V4 super bikes that the v-twin had reached the end of its development cycle and therefore could not be improved any further. And this is the company that threw everything but the kitchen sink at their v twin super bikes in an effort to win races. HD needs to try to make something other than a twin or e-bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's all moot. The Bronx was never more than a concept vehicle and it has been cancelled anyway.

Posts: 2475 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Since my post yesterday, I've done a little bit of Googling. It looks like nearly every pic and video is from August '20 or earlier so it's all just being regurgitated until the Jan and Feb launches.

Not real sure why they split the Pan American launch from the Jan 19th launch event.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Dude your bias is showing LOL Thats a lot of negativity man, always with the negative waves... Big Grin

Where did HD say the goal was to "throw down" and beat Susyhondasakimaha at super bikes can't find that on the interwebs.

People who buy a $2500 SV1000 aren't the target customers for ANY major manufacturing company.

The Bronx isn't a bike I'd buy, nor is any sport or super hyper nekkid bike from anyone, I do like the the Pan America.

Now would consider a kawasaki Z900RS, because it reminds me of my GS400 Susie or any Retro metric that resembles 60, 70 or 80's.

I'd probably buy a 1950's Duo Glide remake from HD, chromed out, wire wheels, big ass cruiser, I don't like the blacked out Softail line,
blacked out is so over, everybody does it, but, they sell so, I'm SOL... I want my 00 Heritage back...

Then again I prefer bikes that don't make my ass look any fatter than it is...

We'll see what happens,