SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honey, Look What I Found!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honey, Look What I Found! Login/Join 
posted
Yesterday we were at Cabela's browsing the gun counter. As I looked through the library, the wife found a Sig P238 Rosewood and was impressed with it. She asked what I thought, and I told her it was overpriced at this store. Today after lunch she came upstairs carrying the same gun. She said, "Honey, look what I found!" "Oh, where did you find it, dear?" "It was right there in the safe just laying there. I'm going to call and get a holster made." (She has a holster maker with her measurements and preferences filed.) I think maybe I will not see that gun again.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Been married to the same woman for nearly 60 years. She has no objection to me having guns.

I truly think she would die before she ever used one.

Interestingly enough, her father was a forester for the state of Hessen, and he had his rifle hanging in the hall when he was not out in the field. Never bothered her.

I would not object, in the least if she decided she wanted to shoot, or have her own guns. But that has to remain her choice.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I'm going to call and get a holster made." (She has a holster maker with her measurements and preferences filed.) I think maybe I will not see that gun again.

And here all this time I thought that the holster makers needed to know the measurements of the gun not the wife! And her preferences on file Eek

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Yesterday we were at Cabela's browsing the gun counter. As I looked through the library, the wife found a Sig P238 Rosewood and was impressed with it. She asked what I thought, and I told her it was overpriced at this store. Today after lunch she came upstairs carrying the same gun. She said, "Honey, look what I found!" "Oh, where did you find it, dear?" "It was right there in the safe just laying there. I'm going to call and get a holster made." (She has a holster maker with her measurements and preferences filed.) I think maybe I will not see that gun again.

Exactly what happened to mine. Took the opportunity to move to a 938. But for some reason for me I shoot the 238 a bit better.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kinda know forty years ago. She was my M60 gunner in the Army.

I also have daughters. I came up short a couple of guns out of that deal, too, when they left home.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Been married to the same woman for nearly 60 years. She has no objection to me having guns.

I truly think she would die before she ever used one.

Interestingly enough, her father was a forester for the state of Hessen, and he had his rifle hanging in the hall when he was not out in the field. Never bothered her.

I would not object, in the least if she decided she wanted to shoot, or have her own guns. But that has to remain her choice.

only been married almost 31 yrs,

wife knew I was into guns when I met her,
did not care when I bought a few NFA items when we got married,

still could not care less what I buy,

dragging her to the range is like an act of congress, she has no desire to go at all, (And she is a good shot)

however,

if I walk in with something that interests her, she wants it,

case in point, I bought a handful of Enfields a while ago,
one was an Mk I dated 1898
when I showed her the VR mark on the receiver and told her it meant it was made under the reign of Queen Victoria,,, it became hers,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Glock 27 is no longer mine in a similar deal, and I have no issue with that (even though it's the only Glock I've ever really liked), I'll just carry a 1911 or P226 instead. She's a southpaw though, and I've only got a righty holster for it. We'll have to fix that.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
So you are saying you get to buy a new gun?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Too funny! The same thing happened to me. P238 nightmare laying on the kitchen table (just got home with it). Wife gets home, sees it, picks it up and says "this fits my hand really well, is it for me" what do you suppose my response was? Yes dear it's for you. So I bought a SAS version for me.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

dragging her to the range is like an act of congress, she has no desire to go at all, (And she is a good shot)

however,

I've only been married a few months now (we have been dating for over a decade though [actually closer to 15 years]), and she enjoys the range with me at least once a month (I try to go 2-3 times a month) mainly because she loves the outdoors, but also because it's time spent with me and a couple we are extremely close friends with, doing something that makes me extremely happy. She also genuinely sees the value in knowing how to defend herself, which is one of the things I love about her

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That gun was made for women anyway Big Grin

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
This is too funny, you guys are killin me !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
That gun was made for women anyway Big Grin

Ya gotta love it... Except it is time to run. If you can get out the drive, you can sleep in your truck.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post