SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers/Positive Vibes Needed (Update #3 in OP) Cancer Free!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers/Positive Vibes Needed (Update #3 in OP) Cancer Free! Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
As I type, my father is having surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on his lung. He smoked from age 11 Eek to age 40 (2 packs/day). He'll be 79 in April. Thank God it's Stage 1 and there's zero evidence of metastasis. The Dr. said he's got the body of a 60 yr old (He eats right & has exercised his entire life). Obviously I'm very concerned. Best case, they remove the tumor, no chemo or radiation needed. Worst case, he loses an upper lobe & some lymph nodes.

Update: He's in recovery. It was cancer, they removed the right upper lobe. No evidence of metastasis. Best news I could hope for. Thanks all for your concern. This place is the best.

Update #2: He should be going home Sunday, I spoke to him, his voice is a little gravelly. There was a minor chest tube issue, Dr. said it's not uncommon. He's tired of being there but said everyone there is 1st class.

Update #3:

Dad needed chemo since they found cancer cells in a lymph node in the removed lobe. Last week, a PET scan showed NO CANCER Smile !

He meets with the oncologist Wed to discuss plans going forward.

HUGE relief. He's a tough old bastard. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kz1000,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers offered up.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Praying for your father and your family...

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Praying for your dad and your whole family.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You have them my friend. Prayer sent for you both.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You got it bud.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers for all of you.

Posts: 3722 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Done, prayer's up!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent - Glad it was discovered early on.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You got it, man.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts going your fathers way (yours too). The good thing (if there is a good thing with lung cancer) is that it was caught at stage 1. Usually it is caught at stage 3 or 4. Stay strong KZ, I went through this with my father in law.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers from TampaBay for a perfect outcome.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Hoping for the best outcome for your father.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
His Hebrew/Yiddishe name for Refuah Shlema?
(if you do not wish to post, you can email.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your Dad and his Family. John.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is good news.

My thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, I am not far.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post