SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone used Fold3 for military records?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone used Fold3 for military records? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I was wondering if the collection was pretty sizable and if I would find a lot on family members in WWII and before.

I guess I will do the free trial, but any tips for finding relevant info would be appreciated to best make use of my time there.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may have already done this, but a good - and FREE - place to start is:

https://www.archives.gov/veterans

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After feeling as though I had exhausted all of the free online options, I signed up for fold3 w/ their free trial. I liked it so much that I continued the subscription.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
Found my dad's records from wwII. but not mine from viet nam, nor my brothers.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post