Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Normandy Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
Touring London-now in Paris. Searched some old posts about Normandy- thx Sig forum. Planning excursion to Normandy. Paris today. Normandy on Saturday.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an amazing trip. That's a genuine 'bucket list' item for me. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Sounds like an amazing trip. That's a genuine 'bucket list' item for me. . .

Same bucket here. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
You can walk the beaches, stand in a couple of the concrete gun placements, view what it might have been like.

Be sure to include the several museums, and the huge cemetery at Colville-sur-mer.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Photos of Normandy 1944 and Normandy Today; interesting juxtaposition of places.

I wonder how many of the people in the “Today’s” photos have seen the 1944 photos and are aware of the History that lives in these photos, and the memories of some who are still there.

http://twentytwowords.com/d-da...tions-today-28-pics/

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting, certainly on my list of places to visit.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I remember listening to a Bay Area radio talk show, they had a morning segment the day after the first showing here of Saving Private Ryan.

A fellow called in and commented something like (IIRC), "I was on Omaha that morning. Watching that movie recreated all the feelings I had on that day, except for the smell".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Went there on 5 Jun 2015, a day trip from a Seine River cruise out of Paris. Awesome place to visit.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post