Notify
Tools

El Paso Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
I used to live right on the corner of Lee Trevino and Pebble Hills. Yes it has changed a bunch.

Ok yeah, I wasn't far. I lived on James Grant and George Dieter.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
We lived in El Paso 1947-48 when I was in the second and third grade. Some kids used to come to school with large centipedes in glass jars. Most said they found them around the kitchen sink drains. Kids found vinegaroons to be scary looking but not dangerous.

The launching of V-2 rockets at White Sands was posted in The El Paso Times. We could see the
contrails of the V-2s when they were launched. One of the V-2s malfunctioned and flew over El Paso, then over Juarez, and crashed near a Mexican families house.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post