SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Perfume, is it rude to ask?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfume, is it rude to ask? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I dunno.

Monday, at the hospital main lobby, I was seated when a 30 someting femme fatale, sat down next to me.

Her perfume was rank. Would it have been rude of me to ask her, why did you wear that shit?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Eww. We've got [at least] one of those at work.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Go for it. If she seems to like it, ask if you can smell her fingers, too.

But seriously, it's a kind of flirtatious thing, so you need to ask yourself if the female in question would welcome that from ya. In other words, a 70-year-old man is running more of a risk of creeping out a 30-year-old hottie than a 35-year-old stud would be, IMO.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I dunno.

Monday, at the hospital main lobby, I was seated when a 30 someting femme fatale, sat down next to me.

Her perfume was rank. Would it have been rude of me to ask her, why did you wear that shit?

One of them sat down next to me on a commuter train when I was working in Chicago. So rank that I asked her to move away, which she refused to do! I got up and pushed past her. It was winter and I was wearing some old military flight boots, which didn't quite clear her ankle. She let out quite a yelp.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8jKn7sMwU

https://youtu.be/gETwqN37lRA

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on how you ask and the circumstances. A rather attractive lass at work asked me some questions in a narrow hallway, and we stood facing each other for a few minutes while I answered while she took notes on the details. I had to work around her several times a week. Well, after standing close in the confines of the hall, I could smell the odor of her perfume for several hours. Don't get me wrong-it was quite pleasant. However, I could still smell it after I got home. I wondered how my explanation would go over with my wife if it happened repeatedly. I figured I could short circuit the whole process with a small present.

The next time I was at work, I complimented the lady on her perfume, and asked what it was. On the way home, I purchased some, and a couple of days after, gave it to my wife. Trouble was, peoples chemistry is different. The good thing was, my concerns never materialized.

The bad thing? You figure it out.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so be conscious of their personal space, don't sneak up on them , don't linger, limit the sampling to a whiff , , not numerous huffing.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I don't get within striking distance, and always check for a ring first (am not an interloper), and tell them, "You smell edible."

I have never gotten a negative reaction.

In fact, they have helped me prove my posit more often than you'd think. Many women appreciate a man that knows what he wants.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
If it smells like cologne > leave it alone.
If it smells like fish > do as you wish.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Why bother? If you get reported to HR you’re fucked.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A sniff request is rude. Most women used too see it as a compliment if you made the inquiry especially if she used it to gain your attention.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post