SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Perfume, is it rude to ask?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfume, is it rude to ask? Login/Join 
posted
Women wear scents to smell good , right?

weather its perfume , scented lotions, some cosmetics or bath soaps.

Is it rude or inappropriate to ask for a sniff?
or maybe how should one inquire?

Hi ! I'll give you $1.00 for a wiff of that there eau de cologne ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
There’s probably a presentation difference between “That’s a nice perfume do you mind telling me what it is?” and “Damn girl you smell good *sniff*”

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

...Is it rude or inappropriate to ask for a sniff?

Big Grin

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Depends on where you want to take the sniff.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
A boy at college freaked my daughter out a few weeks ago. As she was walking by in the hallway after class - he inhaled a large loud breath and then said "Damn, you smell Good !"

She thought the large loud inhale was the weirdest part of the incident. A little pervy.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

...Is it rude or inappropriate to ask for a sniff?

Big Grin

Well, I just go right in..

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty good at predicting whether bendable started a thread by just glancing at the title. Unfortunately this skill apparently has no market value.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have often said, "I love that scent. What are you wearing?" with positive results. The only embarrassing moment was when I got the reply, "Nothing, it's just me!" Smile, wink. I haven't asked since.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
To ask them what scent it is isn't rude.

To ask them if they buy it in 55 gallon drums is.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31437 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
It's probably not rude...just wear gloves Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it rude or inappropriate to ask for a sniff?
or maybe how should one inquire?

Dogs do not ask permission. However in polite society asking in that manner would be considered crude or perhaps uncouth.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
You never say, "Damn girl, you're smelling fine. Is that Jean Nate?"

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Depends on where you want to take the sniff.

THIS.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I remember some comedian back in the 60's had a joke about insulting a woman by telling her he didn't like the perfume she was using - after first determining she wasn't using any perfume ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Sounds pretty pervy... you’re going to either get told to FO, slapped, or tazed.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's all about how you frame it: What perfume are you wearing? My wife/GF might like something like that...

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Be bold. The scent was applied for your benefit...don't be afraid to walk up and enjoy it.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Be glad that you asked here first before you tried sniffing, bendable.

Had you not, you might have ended up on a registry. Big Grin

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do just make sure she is over 18! Don't need a visit from Chris Hansen.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Why not? When they ask: "What have you got on?" I say: "A hard on! But I didn't think you could smell it!"

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post