SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NGD! I got a neat Fender electric guitar
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NGD! I got a neat Fender electric guitar Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I scooped up this sweet guitar today locally. It has three American single coils off a Jaguar that sound excellent. Before I post a pic of the headstock who knows what it is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Is it a baritone, Subsonic? (nevermined. I miscounted..)

Mustang?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Duo Sonic and a Jaguar had a baby

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Any more guesses? It isn't a Mustang or a Duo Sonic. It has the same outline as a Mustang but it is made of Poplar and it is noticeably thicker than a Mustang. Bridge & trem is similar to a Strat. It is a factory Fender guitar though it is no longer in production. Lastly, and to add to this guitar's oddness, the scale is 24 3/4 which is the same as a Les Paul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
That's gorgeous.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Jag Stang

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fender Cyclone II

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Go on ... says this is the last one ...

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I think it's the ONLY one.... Big Grin

Nice looking guitar. Unfortunately players didn't seem to like it if it's no longer made. I'd like to try one and see what it feels like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vaguely remember these but I never got to play one. I would think that the neck feels somewhat like a Jaquars neck, which would be a good thing.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Great find!

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It's a odd feeling guitar. I'm used to my Jags so the Mustang body feels small but the 24 3/4 scale neck (same as a les Paul) feels great. I'm getting quite the fender offset collection.

You can get some pretty cool tones from this guitar. The middle pickup sounds great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
That's a rarity, usually the middle is a space filler

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's cool looking.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
I think technically that is a Cyclone II - but whatever it is, it is awesome!!!!!

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I have never seen one with the pickup on/off switches like that.

What year is it?

I love the racing stripe on the body. Very cool.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have not looked at the serial number yet but this model, a Cyclone II was only made between 2002-2006.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll bite, what's "NGD?"

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing it’s New Guitar Day, but...?

I wasn’t at all familiar with the model, but I note that most appear to be HS configuration, with a few SS. Stickman, do you think this came from the factory as an SSS guitar, or was it modified?

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post