SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Augustoberfest
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Augustoberfest Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sam Adams is out locally here. Of course the brewery is within a few miles from here.
Spaten is brewed year round so you may have got an older bottle.
As far as the go to fest this year...time will tell when they are all on the market.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Applause for RogueJSK!

Sierra Nevada's Kellerweis is an excellent example of a German wheat made here in the USA. I've been getting my fill.
If I could add one German wheat not mentioned that is awesome, Hacker-Pschorr is a great.

Way too much summer left to think about fest beers for me.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Sam Adams is out locally here. Of course the brewery is within a few miles from here.
Spaten is brewed year round so you may have got an older bottle.
As far as the go to fest this year...time will tell when they are all on the market.

It appeared here overnight in the local grocery store. Hit the Army post today, and grabbed two six packs of Spaten Oktoberfest. Several of the brews that Rogue posted photos of were out also. Four weeks from yesterday is the official start of Oktoberfest, but.. Wink

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Jackpot!

My cases of Ayinger arrived today, and Mother's Old School Octoberfest hit shelves this week too, so I grabbed a case of that.

I'm enjoying a Mother's right now. Just as good as the past years.

I've been really impressed with Mother's beer for the past few years. They're a Springfield, MO brewery that's been making beer since 2011. I strongly suggest checking out their stuff if it's available in your area.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hurricane is bearing down on the TX gulf coast and we're getting another band of rain (on dirty side of storm). I went to the grocery store, and stocked up even more (they restocked this afternoon).

Even better, I scored three 4-packs of Ayinger Octoberfest. I've been on the prowl for this for nearly 3 weeks, and find it during Hurricane Harvey (to be fair, most people are stocking up on cheap swill not $10 per 4-pack beer).

Still no sign of Sam Adams' Octoberfest.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
While I'll take Ayinger in the 4 packs of 330 ml bottles if it's all I can get, I prefer the larger 500 ml bottles.

That's what I got in the cases for my stockpile.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Grabbbed a free state, katz, and sierra nevada to try. Just need to let the bourbon diminish first.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Ayinger is the best Octoberfest I've tried so far this season.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It typically is the best every year.

It consistently wins Marzen/Octoberfest competitions, and receives top marks on beer ratings sites.

It's one of my top 3 favorite beers overall.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Its not in yet here. They had a 4 pack but the beer guy said its last years and not sure why they keep putting it out.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
While I'll take Ayinger in the 4 packs of 330 ml bottles if it's all I can get, I prefer the larger 500 ml bottles.

That's what I got in the cases for my stockpile.

A small specialty shop nearby had Ayinger today! I grabbed two four packs, and a six pack of Erdinger Oktoberfest. They're chilling now. No 500 ml. bottles though.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
More releases this week. (I know... it's technically no longer Augustoberfest, but I didn't want to create a new thread.)

Spaten's and Sierra Nevada's offerings are now available in my area. And one of the local distributors is apparently carrying Hoffbrau now, so I was able to snag a couple packs of that for the first time around here!

I also picked up a 6 pack of Coop to try, based on Wishbone's recommendation back on page 1. They're an Oklahoma brewery, so relatively local, but I've only ever had their wheat beer before. (I actually tried it for the first time this summer at our local minor league baseball stadium.)

I moved the last few wheat beers to the main fridge, so the Beer Fridge is now all Octoberfest.

Domestics on top. Sierra Nevada > Sam Adams > Leinenkugel > Goose Island > Mother's

Imports on bottom. Ayinger 500ml > Ayinger 330ml, Spaten > Paulaner > Hoffbrau

(Not shown are cans of Coop Octoberfest and Lost Forty Hunter Octoberfest in the door.)