SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Augustoberfest
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Augustoberfest Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
It has begun...

Swung by a few liquor stores this weekend. The first shipments of several Octoberfest beers were delivered this week.

It's time to figure out what's good this year, and start building the Fall/Winter beer stockpile.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed it too; first one out on the shelves around at the corner market was the Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest brew.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
My favorite brew. I like Sam Adams, Coop, Sierra Nevada, Shiner, and Spaten the best but I need to try some others.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I noticed it too; first one out on the shelves around at the corner market was the Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest brew.

Just down from the Christmas stuff.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I know we have one member that absolutely HATES sam Adams offering.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!! I've already had a couple 6 packs of Sierra Nevada that showed up 3 weeks ago. Anxiously waiting for the Sam Adams to show.

Posts: 756 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Boulevard had a good Octoberfest last season.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to see Ayinger out so early. While a number of the domestic Octoberfests typically start showing up the last week in July/first week in August, the imported Octoberfests don't usually start showing up until closer to September/October. I'll have to get my order for several cases of Ayinger placed with my usual local guy this week. It's my favorite import Octoberfest, but it can be tough to come by some years.

I'm anxiously awaiting this year's offering from Mother's Brewing Company. It's been my favorite domestic Octoberfest for the past several years.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yeehaw! I love Octoberfest!

However, I need to get cracking as I've got about 8 beers left of Sam Adams from last fall.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Just down from the Christmas stuff.

Since it feels like late September here today, I went back and got the last six pack of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest.

The Christmas brew should show up about Columbus Day...

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

However, I need to get cracking as I've got about 8 beers left of Sam Adams from last fall.

I'm hearing ya !
I still have 3 cases left.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dammit. I was in STL yesterday & thought about stopping by to look for some Schlafly octoberfest, but didn't.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
The wife saw some Sam Adams Octoberfest while shopping today and brought some home for me which I appreciate but come on, it's 2 months out. We should still be drinking summer wheat which was out in April and has not been seen since May.

I think am going to pick up a few cases of Octoberfest and put them aside until October so I can drink them in the appropriate season.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3850 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
quote:

That is what a Karma is for...

I'm hearing ya !

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
quote:

I'm hearing ya !

I'm looking forward to your annual "stockpile" post.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I think am going to pick up a few cases of Octoberfest and put them aside until October so I can drink them in the appropriate season.

That's typically what I do. I stockpile several cases worth of various Octoberfest beers from August through October, and drink from my stockpile from late September through March or so.

If you wait until cooler weather, there will be little to no Octoberfests left on the shelf.

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

If you wait until cooler weather, there will be little to no Octoberfests left on the shelf.

Yeah, sorry about that ! Wink

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Guinness Extra Stout - it's good all year round. Big Grin

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Local Costco has the 28 bottle cases of Sam Adams in. Picking up a couple today.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, that time again, picked up a six pak of Warsteiner Oktoberfest bier!

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post