SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time!
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time! Login/Join 
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted
Our youngest grandson Titus travelled with us from Virginia to Arizona as we transitioned into retirement. We left Virginia on Nov. 24th. Our other grandson joined us in late Dec. and we all had a grand old time with the holidays and such.

Around the 14th of Jan. we noticed a bump just above the temple on the left side of his head with some slight bruising. We thought it was just from knocking his head on something around out playing at the ranch or some such. He had no complaints about it and we could find no associated trauma or indicators that it was serious. About a week later it was still there and slightly larger so we decided a trip to the ER was in order. ER Doc called it periorbital cellulitis, gave us some antibiotics and recommended we see the regular doc for a follow up in 2-3 days. Follow up GP doc says he doesn't think it it the cellulitis and to have it check out by his pediatric doc upon his return to virginia with our daughter. Daughter had an appointment this past monday and the his primary care doc was not happy. Ordered CT scan and CBC. CT scan Yesterday 5 Feb, showed tumors on both left and right temples. CBC returned low hemoglobin, white blood cell count, and platelets. Blood transfusion was this morning to combat anemia. Todays MRI showed another tumor in his abdomen. Confirmed CT scan and diagnosis of Neuroblastoma.

Tomorrow he will have a biopsy of the abdominal tumor, bone marrow samples from left and right sides of the pelvis, and a post put in his pectoral area for fluids and chemo. Chemo treatment starts on Friday.

If there is a silver lining it is that this form of cancer is very treatable and curable. It was caught reasonably early, although it may have been growing prenatal. Very high survival rates for a 2.5yr old. He is at Children's Hospital Kings Dominion which has some of the best available docs and resources for this. His dad and my daughter are currently divorcing, but on good terms. His dad was in Korea deployed, but is on his way home and will be there before surgery tomorrow.

As good as life is, I can never quite grasp it's obligation to kick me in the balls when it's just not necessary. I am heartbroken for our grandson and our daughter.

My wife lost a child stillborn two years before we met. My daughter was abused and assaulted sexually by my ex's 3rd husband, she came to live with us at 14 in 2005. Tomorrow will be the second anniversary of our sons passing at 24yrs old from a tragic firearms accident. I'm not sure how much more of this we or I can handle. I've tried my hardest to live a good life, do the right thing especially when no one is looking. Fuck me, enough is enough.

Fuck me! Fuck cancer, this is fucking bullshit!

I'm here and I am ok, but I am really hurt by life right now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigolicious,

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's heartbreaking news. My daughter is just a little bit older than your grandson, and something like that with her would likely bring me to my knees. God bless. All the prayers I can muster are heading to your grandson.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for young Titus, and for you and your family.

Seeing a child so young deal with something so harsh is absolutely heartbreaking.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
my God...I can’t imagine! Good luck to your grandson, daughter and you....you guys are due a big break! prayers sent

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm adding a prayer now for the child and your family. I really like the part about doing the right thing when no one is looking, it's almost like a code I live by these days. Keep on, and please have faith, things are in motion. Sometimes we get hurt, frustrated, tired of the pain, but I'm a strong believer God takes note, he hears the suffering of the faithful. We're here, and share your pain, your anger, cancer is horrible, you're certainly not alone there Godspeed little one...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Your family is in my prayers.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very tough to hear. Glad it is a treatable situation. He, his family and you have my prayers.
Try to keep focused on the right things.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I truly hope everything turns out well.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34083 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. Will be praying for him and all of your family. I’m glad to hear it’s very treatable!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear this.
Will remember your family in my prayers!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

We went through two bouts of cancer with our oldest, the last requiring a bone marrow transplant. He is now 17 years cancer free. We are so fortunate with the outcome. I'm glad to hear of the optimistic prognosis for your grandson.

It was hard to appreciate it at the time but we met and were helped in so many different ways by folks from all walks of life. I discovered how tough my son really was, stopping to puke whils't laying in his hospital bed doing homework; I gained a profound admiration for those caring for kids in the pediatric oncology units where my son stayed. The dedication and courage they showed every day was amazing.

I will pray for the doctors, nurses, and others who care for your grandson.

You are right, fuck cancer.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I am praying for your grandson and for all of you.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
So terribly sorry to hear of this. Definitely praying for him, have faith.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayer inbound for your grandson.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this but thankful the prognosis is good. I'll be praying for your grandson, family and you.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Horrible news but good prognosis. Thoughts and prayers!

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for what's happening. Your still standing and that's something. Way back when I was in school, my shop teacher used to say, life is a test. Yours seems pretty tough but your passing. I think you will be there for all of your family!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Kids are TOUGH. Tougher than many adults cuz they know no better. Little guy will pull though.

What is most terrifying and heartbreaking is after a certain age we are all one kind of bastard or another and due our own karma. Children are so truly innocent and deserve nothing less then love and the innocence of childhood.

Once again prayers sent and deep down I know this too shall pass and in the long run will be harder on you then the little guy. Be tough.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent man.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post