SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time!
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time! Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Great news. It's nice to see him just being a kid. Hopefully by this time next year this will all be a forgotten nightmare to him.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
What great news, that brought tears to my eyes, such a great kid! You are indeed lucky!!

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure to duplicate your 7/14 picture next year. A smiling child is a great thing.
Continued prayers.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Great news and thank you for the update. Continued prayers.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Happy Looking guy.
Great News.
Prayers still inbound.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of news unless you call last round of chemo, 3 weeks straight not admitted to the hospital and Birthday #3 in the books! This little kid rocks at everything that has come his way. In the past I let many obstacles defeat me, now I have inspiration that anything is possible if you just don't know any better. I've been spending a lot of time not knowing any better and I am sure I am better for it.

Birthday cupcakes and camping with his mom and her boyfriend for the weekend.

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of news, is good news. Very pleased to see things going so well.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Great, Love the Dinosaur boots! Smile

Keep on, keeping on little man!

God continue to bless him, Amen.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I love seeing this kid all smiles. Give everyone a lot of perspective on life. Gonna go kiss my kiddos good night! Prayers for your family.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Today was a milestone day. Titus finished radiation therapy. Whats that mean, all done with the cures that are almost as bad as the cancer. No more chemo, no more radiation, no more stemcell! Next and last stage of treatment is immunotherapy once per month for 5 months.

Today is an amazingly rocking day. I am so happy for our little badass cancer fighter and so proud of my daughter for guiding him through all of this. The battle isn't over, but the opposing force is losing the strength to continue the battle with this little guy. He has taken all of this with such great strides you would think he just knows it's nothing but a thing Smile

#TeamTitus #cancermessedwiththewrongkid

Also, for those of you who facebook, here is a short video of him opening his birthday presents a couple weeks back. His squeals of joy are infectious!

Titus Birthday

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's PHENOMENAL!! Go TITUS GO!!!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Great to hear, Titus will stay in my prayers.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Great news! Praying for Titus.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good! Prayers continue!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Absolutely awesome. I’m so happy he has done so well. I’m so happy for all of you.

You should see if there is a way to capture this thread, so when Titus is older, he can read what grandpa wrote. It will probably mean a lot to him and his mom when they are older.

Anyways, congratulations!!!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
You should see if there is a way to capture this thread, so when Titus is older, he can read what grandpa wrote. It will probably mean a lot to him and his mom when they are older

This is a brilliant idea. I know I would have loved to have had something like that.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Awesome news! Titus is sure a fighter!

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news!

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
I haven't got words really. My heart is bursting today.

CT scan shows that the masses in his temples have remained gone and the mass on his kidney is .5% of its original size. That's a 99.5% reduction. The MGIB scan returned normal, meaning ZERO detection of Neuroblastoma tumors! There will be bone marrow biopsy results on Tuesday next week. Until his Oncologist gets those results he can't declare him to be in remission, but he has no reason to expect those results will be anything by negative for cancer. According to Dr. Files, this is the fastest and most complete recovery he has ever seen in one of his Neuroblastoma patients.

I can't stop the tears and smile right now, it is so overwhelming. Thank you everyone for praying for him, for thinking of him, and for following along.